Alloway's Rock

Stu

Explorer
Feb 19, 2004
White Haven, PA
www.stuofdoom.com
I was showing a friend Charles Wills' grave and Friendship yesterday. At the grave we met 3 other people there. One was a photographer for a newspaper, and another was a woman who told us she had a ghost town book coming out in September. We talked for a few minutes and she asked me if I knew about Alloway's Rock. I had heard of it but didn't know it was nearby. She gave us directions and it was pretty easy to get to. I was just wondering why it isn't on here yet, or at least I didn't see it anywhere.
Here's my page if you don't know what it is.

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
This is the first time I've heard it called Alloway Rock. I've always regarded it as the DeMarco Monument.

The first NJPineBarrens.com outing we had was to the monument. That was three or four years ago. Bob and JeffD met for the first time that day. :jeffd:

Edit: Stu, what are you driving in the woods thesedays?

Stu

Explorer
Feb 19, 2004
White Haven, PA
www.stuofdoom.com
I junked my Bronco II back in January. I have a 94 Cavalier, although yesterday we were out in my friend's 95 Intrepid.

The woman didn't tell me her name but did say the book is coming out September. She told me the name of the book but I forgot it. I mentioned I had read Beck's books and she said this would be like an updated version. She also said it has just about every ghost town and tells how to get to them. I'm not sure what she exactly meant by this, but I'm praying it's not specific directions, because the last thing we need is the Weird NJ crowd finding our Pines stuff. This is essentially the last bastion of little-known and untouched ruins in the state.

Gerania

Explorer
May 18, 2004
Marlton
The first time that I read about the DeMarco Monument it was referred to as Alloway's Rock. It might have been the geocaching site.

Hey Stu, have you been to Pomeroy Crossroads?

Gillian