Backyard Gardens

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeJones

Jan 9, 2024
Tucson, AZ
Has anyone been following the talk about banning backyard gardens? This has been on going for quite some time, but the latest insult to the backyard gardener is the insistence that home gardens are damaging the environment. Given the political climate, pun intended, home gardens may be a thing of the past if the climate zealots have their way. I am all for protecting the planet, but the insanity of the climate cabal will not stop until every supposed threat to global warming is stamped out and all dissenters are put in their place.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Never heard of such a thing. But since you're new here, I should point out that similar threads about climate change have not ended well....

JoeJones

Jan 9, 2024
Tucson, AZ
Never heard of such a thing. But since you're new here, I should point out that similar threads about climate change have not ended well....
Don't mean to rock the boat, but anyone who has spent time in South Jersey, and had a square foot or two in the backyard has been forced by tradition to plant tomatoes and peppers. My Father-in-law used to carpool to Lakehurst from Cherry Hill, and would stop at the Red top or Green Top farm markets to buy produce on the way home. Even so, he still had a garden, every year. My wife brought pepper seeds with her when we moved to Arizona. Living in the desert makes me appreciate just how good the soil is in Jersey. I guess it's kind of far fetched that someone could tell you or me what we can grow in our own backyards, right?

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Yes it's far-fetched. Maybe this is a hot issue in Arizona, but I've never heard of it in New Jersey.

I'll be a little more direct this time: previous threads on climate change have gotten out of hand and ended with people getting suspended. A statement like "the insanity of the climate cabal will not stop until every supposed threat to global warming is stamped out and all dissenters are put in their place" is incendiary and just asking for trouble. Let's talk about something else. Sorry, thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.