Bread and Milk

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
We have an easy 8-10 and still snowing. Early Sat morning is forecast for below zero actual temps, wind chills in the minus teens all of tonight. First time I've seen that in a very long time.

Keep a watch on this web site, should be interesting.

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

This was the pre-Christmas blizzard of '09, A belly tickler for the dog :D

5293712074_d88a68e22f_b.jpg

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Haven't ventured out yet, but the forecast of 6" to 8" looks like it was right on the money here. The snow stopped awhile ago and I don't see any more on the radar. Planning to leave the snowthrower out in the shed unless it's deeper than it looks.

Pretty crazy forecast over the next week, yo-yo temperatures bouncing between sub-zero and mid fifties.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Just finished cleaning the truck and car off, there is a bit of a chill in the air. Temp has been dropping all day. Lots of frozen doors and locks in the morning I'd bet.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Went into Mays Landing to pickup a hoagie awhile ago. Really, this storm was no big deal around here. The 6 to 8 inch forecast was right. Main roads were all plowed and fine. God Bless my local snowplow driver! He didn't plow a wall of snow across my driveway and he cleared plenty of room for the mailman to reach the mailbox.

Didn't bother to clear the driveway. On the warm ground this lightweight snow just smashes into nothing when you drive over it. Shovelled a small parking area next to the porch - this is the really light snow that is easy to clear. I'm thinking that all the hype on the news is a good thing, the streets were empty this morning. Guess people were cowering in their homes with their bread and milk, offering prayers of thanks that the storm didn't kill them. :D

Reactions: bobpbx

piker56

Explorer
Jan 13, 2006
Winslow
Got up this morning, cleared the truck and went to work. It was just winter snow, no big deal. I just wish it would stay cold and maybe cut down on the ticks and chiggers next year. The woods were gorgeous!

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Not nice around my house. Wife is still sick since Christmas, and now Jessica has been heaving since last evening.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
It was 10 when I went to bed and it is now 7. Scott ...at minus 7 the ducks are all frozen.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
8 here, NWS shows minus 8 at Miller Air Park. The Toms is just about frozen over. Any ponds/streams with some open water will be a duck hunters nirvana :D

From their charts I would have liked to seen Washington's numbers from last night; temps at the lowest, winds at the highest.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Still 7 here. The sensor is on the mailbox post about 1 foot from my house. The sun is shining on it and it and the temperature is not moving up.