Coyote captured in Harlem

PINEY MIKE

Explorer
Jan 30, 2009
Bamber Lake
We've been hearing the coyotes more than usual the last few nights in Bamber. Must have got a kill Monday night because a whole pack woke me up at 4 AM yapping and barking just a few hundred yards into the woods. I usually let our pup out by himself to do business (no fence), but have been putting him on leash and going out with him this week.

Hewey

Piney
Mar 10, 2005
Pinewald, NJ
We've been hearing the coyotes more than usual the last few nights in Bamber. Must have got a kill Monday night because a whole pack woke me up at 4 AM yapping and barking just a few hundred yards into the woods. I usually let our pup out by himself to do business (no fence), but have been putting him on leash and going out with him this week.

I spend a lot of time hunting in that general area and I walk out in the dark every time I hunt and I hear them more nights then not. The leash and company is a good idea. My sister has lost cats to coyote. They will snatch an easy meal in the blink of an eye, very sneaky creatures. Hunting in Vermont I have watched them sneak in on me untill they got my wind and then they were gone like smoke in the wind.

Chris