Facebook, Threads and Instagram are down

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Surprising that it's possible for all of these to be down at the same time...

Meta’s social media platforms Instagram, Facebook and Threads are down for many users across the globe Tuesday morning. Facebook and Threads seem to be particularly impacted. Neither app was loading as of 10 a.m. ET, when reports of the outage started to surface on DownDetector.com. Instagram feeds aren’t refreshing for some users, while others are still able to access the app. Many Facebook users are unable to log in.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Am reading that Facebook may be back up, but now there are reports of YouTube having problems...

The root cause of these widespread outages remains unclear. Sometimes, several platforms go down at the same time if they’re using the same cloud computing services, like AWS. But AWS is not reporting any issues; plus, companies like Meta and Google are large enough to operate data centers independently of providers like AWS, making outages of this nature uncommon.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
I know some people here can't seem to get enough of them. But it would suit me fine if they all went away forever. Gave up on YouTube several years ago. I check into facebook briefly about once a week, just to see what friends in other parts of the world are up to. Completely quit Instagram around 10 years ago. Never got started with Twitter and never will use X. Yesterday, a couple total strangers messaged me on Facebook about boydsmaps. My inclination was to just delete them, but thought that was too rude so I responded.

Really... why does anybody need more than NJPB? :)

Reactions: MuckSavage