Fire in Bevan WMA

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Mostly oak interspersed with large pine and an occasional thick clump of Laurel.The swamps in that area are mostly maple/gum.generally very open woods though the huckleberry can get tiresome.

Yeah, went through some huckleberry yesterday for over a mile. Felt like somebody with long spindly fingers trying to trip you and slow you down the entire time. That trip we did at Cave Cabin Branch area was murder in the first degree by Gaylussacia.

Reactions: manumuskin

JohnD.

Apr 19, 2012
Dorchester, NJ
I live in Dorchester, just on the other side of the river. The wind blew the smoke directly at us. Driving down my street it reminded me of the smog you see in photos of China. The smoke was so bad I had to abandon doing any work in the yard and had a killer sore throat. I took a few photos with my phone of the smoke above the Wawa here. I will see if I can post one.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
I know quite a few folks over on your side of the river.None right in Dorchester but a few in Leesburg,Heislerville and Delmont..funny how I was right next to the fire and never smelled it but your probably 4 miles or more from it and smelled it.all in the wind i guess:)