Google ChromeCast

dogg57

Piney
Jan 22, 2007
Southern NJ
southjerseyphotos.com
The good: The Google Chromecast is a dirt-cheap wireless video dongle that streams Netflix, YouTube, Pandora, Google Music, Google Movies & TV, and HBO Go to your TV using Android or iOS tablets as remotes. Its small size hides neatly behind your TV and makes it easy to take with you when traveling.
The bad: The beta screen-mirroring feature won't work as well as you want it to, so you're largely limited to the supported apps. The lack of a dedicated remote also means you always need a smartphone or tablet nearby. And for $15 more, you can get a Roku box with many more channels and an onscreen interface for a more traditional TV experience.
The bottom line: Google's $35 Chromecast stick is a cheap and easy way to add streaming video and music to your TV, but it still isn't as fully featured as similarly priced Roku boxes.

I love my Roku box

http://reviews.cnet.com/google-chromecast/

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Bought the dongle yesterday, took about 5 minutes to install today and its working as advertised, extremely simple. Should fit my need perfectly.

Reactions: Ben Ruset
Got a chromecast last month. Netflix and youtube work perfectly from my smartphone. I had hoped to stream the Olympics onto the tv, but apparently how well something streams depends alot on the business putting it up, and NBC wasn't much interested in making the Olympics steam chromecast friendly (actually, their streaming overall was kinda crap).