has anyone been up to chicken bone?

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
alfonso said:
hope this in the right forum . was there anything up there?

I have been there once, and was intrigued. I was on my motorcyle about 3 years ago. It is a long skinny high ridge. Not real high, but you know how that goes in the pines, eh? Guy and I love the high spots, so we try to hit them all.

I'll go back for the hell of it. When we did a cleanup I found an area near there that just may have had some habitation a long time ago, but the sign was scanty. It was prior to the ridge.

bob

PS: Elizabeth probably knows Alfonso..........

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Steve,

Hay bastantes ramas de los ríos. La pregunta era le tiene siempre estado allí, y donde está

There are quite a few branches of rivers. The question was have you ever been there, and where is it? :wink:

Guy

B

bach2yoga

TeeGate said:
Steve,

Hay bastantes ramas de los ríos. La pregunta era le tiene siempre estado allí, y donde está

There are quite a few branches of rivers. The question was have you ever been there, and where is it? :wink:

Guy

You fellas wanna tag along to interpret for us? No hablo espanol. :wink:

Renee

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
The site is not perfect as you find out when you translate my test.

Guy

TeeGate said:
Steve,

Guy

I've never beed there but I think I've been close. Maybe you could show me some day. I think it below the Long Branch and is behind the quarry on Rt 532.

Steve

B

BarryC

I never had a clue what it was till I saw it on one of the 1872 maps I mentioned in another post. That map shows it as a "mountain range" (my term). Those maps also clearly show the Forked River Mountains, Apple Pie Hill, Jemima Mount, and other hills we know about.
One day I'll get up there.
bruset said:
i've been meaning to go. as far as i know there never was anything there.

actually this should have gone into the 'forgotten places' forum. oh well. here is fine.