Heading out Saturday.......EARLY!

njtrainer34

May 8, 2003
Northern NJ
My brother in law and myself will be heading out for our first foray into the Pines.....We will be starting at Atsion and covering as much ground as possible from sun up to sun down. I drive a black Jeep Wrangler....hope to see one or two of you on the trails!

Have a PINEY weekend!
Howard-
(njtrainer34)

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Remember the speed limit on the dirt roads in the pines is 20MPH. Ed said last year on Quaker Bridge Road they has a speed trap. Keep a look out for it.

Guy

J

JeffD

I didn't know there was a speed limit on the dirt roads. Nothing is posted there. I've just been using common sense and normally drive, on average, about 20MPH. Around blind corners I slow down to about 10MPH. The only time I really speed up a bit is when I have to get momentum to climb a hill where there is wet sand where I could get stuck. I certainly have always driven below 20MPH crossing the Quaker Bridge. What is needed is a trap for barbarians who mark the bridge with grafitti.

bnsilly

Scout
Apr 3, 2003
New Jersey
Hey,

NJT..........where's the write up about your outing, I've been waiting.........Did I miss it posted elsewhere?????..........Jodi

J

JeffD

BEHR655 said:
TeeGate said:
Jeff,

At the links below are the rules. Notice rule #10. Also notice the metal detector rule #7 which we have discussed here before.

Guy

Oh............I was supposed to read those signs? :rolleyes: :D

Yeah, who actually stops to read those signs? :rolleyes:

What gets me is the rule about cleaning up after your dog. What about horses? They make much more of a mess than do dogs. And they leave their large messes right in the middle of trails, and even close to or in water. At least dogs can be led off to the side of a trail, and away from a body of water. This double standard is one of my pet peaves. And how about the wildlife? Don't they go in the woods?

As I've said before, I think that common sense goes a long way, and if people have repect for others on the land to begin with, you don't need a whole lot of rules. I can understand some things being pointed out, such as campfires. Many an unofficial campfire has sparked a forest fire. At least if campfires require a permit, and are restricted to places such as a campground, the Forest Service at least has some control over a potential danger.