"Lure of the Tupehocken"...A PBX Hike

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I was able to find the tracks on the archive file the GPS makes.

Hewey

Piney
Mar 10, 2005
Pinewald, NJ
Jumping in a little late, but home life and work has been a bear the past three days.

We could not have asked for better weather for exploring this past Saturday! The Tulpehocken Lowlands is a stunning area of the Pine Barrens! Very few eyes see what we did on this trip. This is evident by the lack of any sign made by man. No ATV damage, almost no trash, the few two trackers had no sign of use, We found only one modern treestand, and the duck hunters boat. A few die hard hunters are the only people that most likely frequent the area.

You can never beat a PBX party or tailgate. Good company, quality beer and wine, and always great food! Thank you, Gabe and Mark for the entertainment!

A swampy area early in the hike.

Murph having the time of his life!

A nice burl on a cedar.

Never wet and black water.

Lowlands and blue sky.

The crew at a water crossing that was an old man made dam with some beaver activity in the mix.

Tinder dry uplands.

No place like it on earth.

Jess, Scott, and Dottie picking their way through a swamp that had many areas of waist deep muck.

Mark, your company is always enjoyed! I hope we see you again on another adventure!

Chris

Last edited:
Reactions: John and Teegate

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Looking over historic aerials it appears that dam has been there since 1931. In some years it appears to not be but I think that may be low water levels.

PINEY WARDEN

Explorer
Jan 13, 2012
Guy, You folks come across any Rattle Snakes on your journey? Has to be quite a few in that stetch!

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Sometimes I wish my weekends weren't so busy. I'd have loved to come on this one.

This was a very enjoyable PBX trip Ben.
The mood was very relaxed, the weather was the best we could have had for late May and the country was beautiful.
My wife is very glad she went along with Murph. We made some great memories along the way.

Reactions: bobpbx

MarkBNJ

Piney
Jun 17, 2007
Long Valley, NJ
www.markbetz.net
This was a very enjoyable PBX trip Ben.
The mood was very relaxed, the weather was the best we could have had for late May and the country was beautiful.
My wife is very glad she went along with Murph. We made some great memories along the way.

Scott I am still telling everyone about what a trooper Murph was. Amazing dog. I still can't believe he bulled his way through that stuff with us for six or seven hours.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
eighth picture down I remember Bill and I walking up the creek in that stretch.It's about chest deep.The next time we were in this area we were in a canoe and we saw a huge snapper laying on a beaver dam sunning.He was in shock.He said you didn't tell me there were snappers in here,we walked this a few weeks ago!I told him to check his body parts to make sure nothing was missing:)

Reactions: bobpbx