More trees cut off of Quaker Bridge Road

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
Tree Removal has been going on at the RR tracks and Quaker Bridge Road for awhile now. It was being done by a commercial company, I didn't note the name. They widened an old road and this morning I decided to explore it. It eventually led to the Sewell Gun Club. There was a large tree blocking the road at that point so no one is getting in that way. The gun club is posted and the state posted "NO MOTORIZED VEHICLES" at the gate from the club.

P1010945s.JPG

P1010946s.JPG

P1010947s.JPG

My track, 1 mile long.
Track.jpg

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
In the past few weeks they have been cleaning it up somewhat.

That gun club either is really annoyed or maybe they are making a new route to their range?? There may be some sort of land swap going on there. They may not want to pay all of the taxes on the land they don't use. Just guessing.

Guy

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
There is a sand road off of quaker bridge road that accesses it.some ways back there is a gate. A couple weeks ago I saw a large straight truck that was a water tanker parked there and running and some guys were walking around the devastation they had created. I guess this is forest improvement from the states point of view.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
That may be, but why go right to the back of the shooting range which will now allow anyone to have easy access to it. They were quite remote before making it safe for them to shoot.

I am sure time will tell what the reason for all of this