Old foundation near Batsto

Bionicrooster

Nov 2, 2008
Hi all, new here but love the site, as I enjoy hiking / hunting / fishing and generally exploring the Pine Barrens!

Figured I would make my post an easy one, but one that I have always wondered about. When you go past Batsto and turn onto 3 mile run (Washington road) you hot the intersection where Iron pipe road crosses, as soon as you turn right there on the righ side is an old foundation, moslty just the basement left. Does anyone know what that used to be?

Thanks!

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Don't get caught metal detecting. You will be seeing a Judge.

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Forest%20Rules__.jpg

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I like the 20MPH speed limit on sand roads. Ummm, I might have broken that one once or twice to 4,500 times.

Jeff

Same here. That's why my car is getting fixed right now :bang:

Guy

Bionicrooster

Nov 2, 2008
Yeah I knew it was illegal thats why I said I always wanted to, not that I did... Always wondered why it was illegal though, unless they just don't want people digging holes all over? Anyway thanks for all the replies guys, I have been reading the forums to "catch up", and even had to go see my dad last night as he is a bit of a pine barrens 'expert'. Talked to him about amatol, atco racetrack, the 'proposed' airport, blue comet, and a bunch of other stuff... very cool.

MarkBNJ

Piney
Jun 17, 2007
Long Valley, NJ
www.markbetz.net
It would be interesting to try and apply for a permit just to see what the requirements are. My guess is there are no requirements, and you're not getting one, no way no how.

My own opinion is that anyone should be able to hunt for coins and whatnot down to about six inches or so, as long as they are responsible about it (i.e. fill in their holes, replace grass plugs, etc.).