Our Finds Today

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Jessica was spitting and blowing her nose today so much that her DNA is all over the pines. However, after being sick since the Wednesday before Christmas she had to get out to try and clear her head :D

So I made it easy and we only walked roads for the most part. I am doing research on a gun club built in 1948 and while there I found 1947 license plates from Massachusetts. MA 47J 1947

Not going to help me much but an interesting find anyway. Then again I am working on acquiring the deed and the owners may have been from Massachusetts.

IMG_9032A.jpg

Looking the area over before we went, I found odd holes on Lidar so we investigated. From the looks of it they may be from the late 1800s from an endeavor that is an eighth of a mile away. The funny thing is there are newer bags of concrete which you can see in the distance in the second photo. Very odd!

DSC_6024a.jpg

DSC_6027a.jpg

IMG_9020a.jpg

We also revisited one of the Sykes stones. This stone use to be in very thick dense woods and it took me a long time to even find it. After the fire someone actually cleared the vegetation around it and it now is somewhat vulnerable. Hopefully it makes it through a few more years when the vegetation grows back.

IMG_9066a.jpg

It says I (EYE) X CNS

IMG_9068a.jpg

stiltzkin

Explorer
Feb 8, 2022
Medford
Makes me think about how the newer NJ tags, which are just printed rather than stamped like they used to be, will quickly become useless to future archeologists. If one of them gets buried today, I imagine 80 years from now all that will be left will be a blank piece of metal.

• Sad
Reactions: Teegate

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
If you go to the recent photos I posted on the Pioneer Sportsman thread, it appears the tags I found may be NJ tags. The tags on one of the truck photos does not say NJ on it, it says XE.