pancoastal highway.....and lucilles

KARL

Scout
Sep 7, 2003
BARNEGAT
Visit site
drove west on bay avenue looking for the rest of the old pancoastal highway........it forms the northern boundary of hovnanians mirage developement,and then crosses the highway.....554 i think.....and continues south to 539,coming out at lucilles in warren grove.....it actually is paved for a mile or so nw of lucilles.......i suspect it ends there,the only sand road or trail continuing to oswego lake seems to be the road marked sim place.......which again is paved for about a half mile and then is sand road the rest of the way to oswego......was glad to see that lucilles is still as good a diner as thirty years ago......although they dont sell t shirts anymore.....mine is a collectors item,or so lucille says.....press on, karl

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Karl,

Steve and I were on that road two weeks ago, and we noticed that they had run phone lines through the woods, apparently expecting to extend that development toward Warren Grove. Someone had damaged the phone boxes and the phone lines were all hanging out. Did you go down the road from the development through the woods to Warren Grove and see that?

Guy

KARL

Scout
Sep 7, 2003
BARNEGAT
Visit site
TeeGate, hi guy, interesting observations.........phone lines............i suspect those were not a developer...........cant imagine what they would want phone lines for.........its a shame some pervert vandalized them already..............although i recall as a kid in vermont,tearing up surveyors stakes.........because they were building a ski resort on our favorite mountain.........they won after all,doggone it.........especially when we spotted state troopers with a dog checking them out.........we gave up the fight at that point.......press on,always good to hear from you........karl

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
KARL said:
TeeGate, .although i recall as a kid in vermont,tearing up surveyors stakes.........because they were building a ski resort on our favorite mountain.....l

Were you in the Northeast Kingdom near Barton Vermont which is near Jay Peak.

Guy

KARL

Scout
Sep 7, 2003
BARNEGAT
Visit site
TeeGate, hi tee gate, shucks no, i lived in wilmington vermont,down on the southern border........they were building mt snow at the time,and later stratton..........now of course you can take the ski lift up to the top of snow and see the famous valley of missing men........over the years,they have lost about twenty men and one bennington girl.........i do hope they havent developed the valley there...........it had a reservoir there,called somerset