Photos on the run

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
BobM said:

The 275 gallon oil tank anecdote in this link was the oil tank that we pulled out of a spong on Chew Road. I hauled it back to Atsion in my truck.
With a lot of help from Jersey Devil 4x4 guys muscling it out of the spong.
The page has a good photo of the brim of my hat in the lower right corner along with a picture of my wife at the Pic.
See if this works:
http://www.off-road.com/suzuki/features/pinebarrons04/images/dscf0124.jpg

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
RednekF350 said:
The 275 gallon oil tank anecdote in this link was the oil tank that we pulled out of a spong on Chew Road. I hauled it back to Atsion in my truck.
With a lot of help from Jersey Devil 4x4 guys muscling it out of the spong.
The page has a good photo of the brim of my hat in the lower right corner along with a picture of my wife at the Pic.
See if this works:
http://www.off-road.com/suzuki/features/pinebarrons04/images/dscf0124.jpg

I see ya. How about the guy with the Jersey Devil eyes in the background?

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
TeeGate said:
I don't understand what he is doing, but you can see the map clearly. I can see the "Approximate boundary" of the intersection where Lacey township meets Woodland and Manchester on the Ocean County Line. That is the cement marker we found on the hike along the county line. You can also see route 72, and that white area right in the middle is Coyle Field.

Here is the view.

http://topozone.com/map.asp?z=18&n=4407083&e=549139&s=100&size=l&datum=nad83&layer=DRG25

Guy

I think with your attention to detail and his artistic flair, you and this guy could make some wild art Guy.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
One of the sites I found makes this claim about Apple Pie Hill:

"The view is of pine forests covering a level plain that stretches to the horizon in all directions. The only other features visible are a few cranberry bogs to the southeast, the tops of distant towers in Atlantic City to the east, and the tops of skyscrapers in Philadelphia to the west. (One can literally view the east-west extent of the State of New Jersey from here.)

I don't think thats true, is it? I've been up there twice and certainly don't remember it.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
BobM said:
One of the sites I found makes this claim about Apple Pie Hill:

"The view is of pine forests covering a level plain that stretches to the horizon in all directions. The only other features visible are a few cranberry bogs to the southeast, the tops of distant towers in Atlantic City to the east, and the tops of skyscrapers in Philadelphia to the west. (One can literally view the east-west extent of the State of New Jersey from here.)

I don't think thats true, is it? I've been up there twice and certainly don't remember it.

When was that written? It must have been many years ago.

Guy

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
Actually, now that I think about it. I'm not sure I have seen AC. Definitely Philly though. AC would be quite a bit southeast from applepie hill. You saw it Bear?

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I third that. I have photo's of Philly from there. If nobody does I will post them tonight or tomorrow. Busy day today :)

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
woodjin said:
Actually, now that I think about it. I'm not sure I have seen AC. Definitely Philly though. AC would be quite a bit southeast from applepie hill. You saw it Bear?

You can see it.

Guy