Pinelands Fishing sites recommendations.

Fish1952

Oct 28, 2023
Thank you for the add to this great website!!....I am a Veteran & new to this beautiful area and love Freshwater fishing.
With the abundance of lakes, waterways, streams, etc, throughout the Pinelands I would assume there are some amazing fishing spots to explore? I would appreciate it if anyone could suggest, share places to fish from the shore and/or kayak in summer etc .. looking forward to replies..
Thank you all

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Some ideas in this old thread:

Reactions: Fish1952

Fish1952

Oct 28, 2023
It's likely easier for us to ask you what you already do know about the places to fish in the pines.
So far I have been to Bamber Lake & Purple Heart Trail Pond, Turn Mill Lake with no success....
I have been researching a few more to explore. I hear there are many many more areas to try
I hope to learn more here also... have a great day.

Reactions: Boyd

Rooftree

Explorer
Mar 24, 2017
Haddon Township
I fish various spots in the Pines. The only fish to be caught is the pickerel. There are other lakes to try, but I fish only old cranberry bogs. To get to those spots you have to be a little adventurous. It's tough fishing those and the window of time is short because it gets choked with weeds early in the season. I know Bamber Lake. I assume you live in at area? Is 1952 your birth. year? Here is a lake up Lacey Rd from Bamber heading toward Whiting. You can give that a try. I drive by it many times, but never fished it. There are other lakes to try; Chatsworth, Harrisville, Atsion, and Qswego. Ever saw anyone fishing those during the 15 years exploring the Pines. I did catch a few at Oswego, but not in the lake. It was off the bridge on the other side from the lake. The water on that side I believe is private property so you wouldn't be able to put a watercraft in there. There's also Batsto Lake. You can find some youtube videos on that.

Last edited:

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
I don't fish, but I live near Maple Lake and frequently see fishermen there, in small boats. No idea what they're fishing for, but it seems popular.

https://boydsmaps.com/#17.00/39.407798/-74.777895/pines2020/0.00/0.00

Of course, there are also spots where I usually see people fishing from bridges, such as Mays Landing

https://boydsmaps.com/#17.00/39.453691/-74.734196/pines2020/0.00/0.00

And Lower Bank

https://boydsmaps.com/#17.00/39.593709/-74.550991/pines2020/0.00/0.00

There are many other similar spots. Again, no clue what people are fishing for or if they catch anything, but there's just about always somebody on those bridges!

Reactions: NJChileHead

NJChileHead

Explorer
Dec 22, 2011
I don't fish, but I live near Maple Lake and frequently see fishermen there, in small boats. No idea what they're fishing for, but it seems popular.

https://boydsmaps.com/#17.00/39.407798/-74.777895/pines2020/0.00/0.00

Of course, there are also spots where I usually see people fishing from bridges, such as Mays Landing

https://boydsmaps.com/#17.00/39.453691/-74.734196/pines2020/0.00/0.00

And Lower Bank

https://boydsmaps.com/#17.00/39.593709/-74.550991/pines2020/0.00/0.00

There are many other similar spots. Again, no clue what people are fishing for or if they catch anything, but there's just about always somebody on those bridges!

Not sure what people are fishing for in those particular spots either, but in the Lower Mullica I've personally caught white perch, yellow perch, brown bullhead, and beautiful white catfish (Ameiurus catus). Just a note for fishermen, white catfish are common in brackish areas and are often mistaken for channel cats. I am not sure if there are also channel cats in there but there might be. People also pull nice pickerel out of there and IIRC also bass.

Here's a link to one of our Lower Mullica adventures a few years ago: http://forums.njpinebarrens.com/threads/pine-barrens-catfish-adventure.13598/

Reactions: Fish1952 and Boyd

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
So far I have been to Bamber Lake & Purple Heart Trail Pond, Turn Mill Lake with no success....
I have been researching a few more to explore. I hear there are many many more areas to try
I hope to learn more here also... have a great day.
Bamber has both bass and pickerel. Speaking of Bass, this secret spot behind the old waretown dump is bassy. This is my son from about 12 years ago out there.

1698681773073.png

RJG

Scout
Nov 19, 2023
Sea Isle City, NJ
Hi Fish1952, thanks for your service to our country.

I‘m a tournament bass fisherman and am familiar with about 40 lakes in central and south Jersey. If I had to pick one lake in the pine barrens region it would be Mirror Lake in Browns Mills. It has a decent population of bass along with pickerel, crappie, yellow perch and bluegill. There is a boat ramp where you can launch, parking nearby and areas to fish from the shore on both sides of the lake. It’s shaped more like a river than a lake and is probably 2-3 miles long. The bass bite will become progressively tougher as the water continues cooling down and they become less active. In November I would target them with jerkbait, rattletraps, swimbait, swim jigs, senkos and football jigs.

Other lakes in the pine barrens region that hold bass are Indian Mills Lake and Lake Pemberton. In some of our lakes in NJ you can find girls like this.
IMG_1197.jpeg

Fish1952

Oct 28, 2023

I‘m a tournament bass fisherman and am familiar with about 40 lakes in central and south Jersey. If I had to pick one lake in the pine barrens region it would be Mirror Lake in Browns Mills. It has a decent population of bass along with pickerel, crappie, yellow perch and bluegill. There is a boat ramp where you can launch, parking nearby and areas to fish from the shore on both sides of the lake. It’s shaped more like a river than a lake and is probably 2-3 miles long. The bass bite will become progressively tougher as the water continues cooling down and they become less active. In November I would target them with jerkbait, rattletraps, swimbait, swim jigs, senkos and football jigs.

Other lakes in the pine barrens region that hold bass are Indian Mills Lake and Lake Pemberton. In some of our lakes in NJ you can find girls like this. View attachment 21293
Rig first off congrats on that amazing catch wow!!! That said yes I have been to Mirror Lake a few times both with my Kayaks & fishing off the banks, docks, etc, I have also tried Pemberton lake also nice area for sure. Indian Mills is on my list in the near future too. I so appreciate the tips...right now I am throwing a Rapala J11 jointed lure with fingers crossed...I also have my trusty Senko worm, Z Man Minnow Z & Ned rig ready to go too to change it up etc.. maybe I'll see you out there sometime Happy Holidays to you & Yours!!

NJChileHead

Explorer
Dec 22, 2011

Other lakes in the pine barrens region that hold bass are Indian Mills Lake and Lake Pemberton. In some of our lakes in NJ you can find girls like this. View attachment 21293

That's a sweet largemouth!

Fish1952

Oct 28, 2023
There is a hidden lake in the pine barrens I saw in this video Im looking for does anyone have any clues as to where this might be ? Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
I fixed a problem with your link. When posting youtube links, all you should need to do is paste them into your post and the forum software will take care of everything. No need to use the link button.

As for the video, it reminded me of why I stopped using youtube. Only watched the first few seconds - sorry.

Reactions: Fish1952