Promotion launched to make Pinelands a new tourist destination

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Uh-oh.
Sounds like the beginning of the end to me.
Just what I need; a yuppie tree hugger (eco tourist?) from Connecticut dressed in L.L. Bean's junk, wandering around the woods, whining about the gun-wielding hunters in the 4x4's.
:mad:

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
RednekF350 said:
Uh-oh.
Sounds like the beginning of the end to me.
Just what I need; a yuppie tree hugger (eco tourist?) from Connecticut dressed in L.L. Bean's junk, wandering around the woods, whining about the gun-wielding hunters in the 4x4's.
:mad:

Hey....I have an L.L. Bean pack and walking stick!!! I guess I am a yuppie :)

Guy

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
You know, I wouldn't really worry too much about this. We are sort of an unusual bunch here that love the pines; I don't think they will ever have broad tourist appeal. There just isn't anything very "spectacular" to draw tourists. The pines are very subtle, and there is a certain "sameness" to them. I was showing a friend around awhile ago and she also appreciated this aspect for its Zen-like quality. But I think that is generally lost on "Joe Sixpack" because there aren't any impressive mountains peaks or anything. Most people will just speed down Rt 72 or the Atlantic City Expressway in their big SUV's while their obnoxious kids scream "when are we gonna be at the shore?" or "where's the next McDonalds?"

In reality this will just be another way to waste our tax dollars in a pathetic attempt to bring some tourist dollars into little businesses who are lobbying for some state aid. Yeah, "move over Disneyland"... make way for the Hedger House and Fett's Place. Pardon my cynicism, but this whole thing sounds a little fishy to me...

NewSchoolPiney

Explorer
Jun 16, 2003
Boston, MA
www.pinemind.com
Boyd said:
make way for the Hedger House and Fett's Place. Pardon my cynicism, but this whole thing sounds a little fishy to me...

Boyd,

After it's brief stint as a strip club, Fett's was renamed to Brenton's Bar & Grille. Let me tell you, it's become a classy joint since that name change . . . :rolleyes:

Just keep the yuppies away from Pic's, though I think the atmosphere will scare them away without any help. That's fine with me.

Justin

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Boyd said:
Oh yeah.... sorry, I tend to resist change. It's still the Lebanon State Forest in my mind also.

Since I was assigned the Quads with Lebanon on them, they will unfortuantly no longer reflect that on the new editions. I just could not in good consience not inform them of the name change.

Guy