Not open for further replies.

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Al,

I misread what you were saying in your post.

When you find the graves, leave them alone! They don't need any preservation work. Unless you're an archaeologist and on the state's payroll, you're not a professional. None of us are. They don't need to have the brush near them cleared, nor a path cut through the woods to them. They need to be LEFT ALONE.

They're not "my" graves. I don't take ownership for them. However they are being made to be a big deal. I am approaching the point where I am sorry that I posted pictures of them, or even talked about them in the first place.

I posted pictures not to excite people and make them want to find them, but to give something for people to look at instead of finding them.

While it's great that you're eager to find them, your eagerness and singlemindedness makes us nervous as to why you want to find them so badly.

I don't want to get to the point where I am holding back "finds" from people on this site, but the whole fiasco over these graves is making me think that I might need to change the way that information is presented here.

I'm not afraid of "you" finding them, so much as other people who might not respect them. This has been explained time and again to you. Do not take it personally. But your posting of where you have searched makes it easier for someone to retrace your steps. All anyone needs to know is that they are in the Union Clay Works area. Reread the chapter in Becks book, look around, and you will find it.

I am closing this thread. Al, if you find the graves, congratulations. But there is nothing being served by discussing this anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.