Small Tavern/Restaurant looking for skilled Bartender (Chatsworth, NJ)

GermanG

Piney
Apr 2, 2005
Little Egg Harbor
I don't think those rates are unusual. That's about what my son makes at the pizza place he works at. He gets a slight bit more if he's delivering (compensating use of his car). But his real income is the 80 - 100 bucks a night he makes in tips. That's for a roughly six hour night.

lgench

Explorer
Jan 19, 2005
Bristol, PA
Ouch also, because it hit a nerve! I had a helper years ago that lived right near there on one of those little side streets off 72 and...most of his teeth were missing! And he was only in his twenties.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
That's about what my son makes at the pizza place he works at. He gets a slight bit more if he's delivering (compensating use of his car)

Haha, MANY years ago I delivered pizzas after losing my regular job. I've gotta say, I never saw a stingier group of people in my life. During the 3 months I worked there, I don't think I got more than 5 tips. Even worse, being the new guy, I always had to make the run to the dorms at the university. The poor students would pool their orders for a whole floor so they could split the (measly) delivery fee. So you had to go up several flights of stairs with a big stack of boxes, only got paid for one delivery, and forget about getting a tip.

And, mind you, this was in the middle of winter in Bangor Maine! One night I brought my girlfriend along for the ride and after smelling the pizza all night she insisted on buying one... there went may whole pay for that evening.

I sure hope things are a little better in your son's job. :)

suresue592003

Explorer
Apr 4, 2004
Browns Mills, NJ
I don't understand why these employers are not made my law to pay at least the minium wage. So what if you make more with tips, that should be yours to keep tax free. Is it not considered a gift or charity for good services rendered?

tom m

Explorer
Jan 9, 2006
Hammonton,NJ.
I agree with you on that one , I wouldn't want a job like that ,Waitresses Bust there Butt. What happens if it is a slow night ? They make nothing:bang:

suresue592003

Explorer
Apr 4, 2004
Browns Mills, NJ
I agree with you on that one , I wouldn't want a job like that ,Waitresses Bust there Butt. What happens if it is a slow night ? They make nothing:bang:

Yea, the only one who wins here is the business, getting all that hard work out of someone and barely having to pay a wage for it. Just not right. No incentive here, it is the same with bartenders. There is no time like now with the economy, Obama needs to change this.

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
At least out that way dental benefits are not much of a concern for a new hire.
:)

My apologies in advance.

You should be ashamed of yourself for making such a comment Scott.

After all, the toothbrush was invented in Chatsworth!! Yeah, otherwise they would have called it a teethbrush!!

Furball1

Explorer
Dec 11, 2005
Florida
Huhhhh????

Yea, the only one who wins here is the business, getting all that hard work out of someone and barely having to pay a wage for it. Just not right. No incentive here, it is the same with bartenders. There is no time like now with the economy, Obama needs to change this.

First of all, no one is making any waitress or bartender or waiter work in the establishment to begin with. Second, it's a free-market capitalist society, and a business is just a microcosm of that society. If business is slow, it hurts everyone, especially the poor sap owner who still has to pay wages and taxes and overhead, even when it's slow. The sales business is like that, the less you sell the less you make, and vice-versa. The incentive is this: If You Sell More, You Make More. But demanding the government to step in and help when business is slow is the most ridiculous answer to the problem I have ever heard. If a business dies, it goes bankrupt, that simple. If I can't pay my bills, I declare bankruptcy.

In response to Obama. He will bring "change", and that's all we will have in our pockets when he's done socializing everything and the taxpayers are saddled with more taxes. Believing the government will solve your problems is the start of giving away your rights as an individual. Just take a hard look at NJ and its burdensome laws and regulations and taxes. In 1997 I was paying the same taxes for a 1800 sq. foot house as I am now in Florida in a 2000 sq. foot house, and THAT was 12 years ago. Both NEW homes on 1/3 acre.

On Jan. 20th I will NOT be watching the crowning of the messiah, I will get up early in the morning, before sunrise, and I will hang my colonial-era red and white striped flag, depicting a full length Rattlesnake with the words "Don't Tread On Me" just under the snake, as my protest to the new social and socialized order. His $150 million crowning is the beginning of the end my friends, and an indication of where we will be going. We're in for a rough ride I'm afraid. :bang::jeffd::argh:

mudboy dave

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
atco
opentrailsnj.org
first of all, no one is making any waitress or bartender or waiter work in the establishment to begin with. Second, it's a free-market capitalist society, and a business is just a microcosm of that society. If business is slow, it hurts everyone, especially the poor sap owner who still has to pay wages and taxes and overhead, even when it's slow. The sales business is like that, the less you sell the less you make, and vice-versa. The incentive is this: If you sell more, you make more. But demanding the government to step in and help when business is slow is the most ridiculous answer to the problem i have ever heard. If a business dies, it goes bankrupt, that simple. If i can't pay my bills, i declare bankruptcy.

In response to obama. He will bring "change", and that's all we will have in our pockets when he's done socializing everything and the taxpayers are saddled with more taxes. Believing the government will solve your problems is the start of giving away your rights as an individual. Just take a hard look at nj and its burdensome laws and regulations and taxes. In 1997 i was paying the same taxes for a 1800 sq. Foot house as i am now in florida in a 2000 sq. Foot house, and that was 12 years ago. Both new homes on 1/3 acre.

On jan. 20th i will not be watching the crowning of the messiah, i will get up early in the morning, before sunrise, and i will hang my colonial-era red and white striped flag, depicting a full length rattlesnake with the words "don't tread on me" just under the snake, as my protest to the new social and socialized order. His $150 million crowning is the beginning of the end my friends, and an indication of where we will be going. We're in for a rough ride i'm afraid. :bang::jeffd::argh:

amen!!!!!!!!!

Sue Gremlin

Piney
Sep 13, 2005
Vicksburg, Michigan
In response to Obama. He will bring "change", and that's all we will have in our pockets when he's done socializing everything and the taxpayers are saddled with more taxes. Believing the government will solve your problems is the start of giving away your rights as an individual. Just take a hard look at NJ and its burdensome laws and regulations and taxes. In 1997 I was paying the same taxes for a 1800 sq. foot house as I am now in Florida in a 2000 sq. foot house, and THAT was 12 years ago. Both NEW homes on 1/3 acre.

On Jan. 20th I will NOT be watching the crowning of the messiah, I will get up early in the morning, before sunrise, and I will hang my colonial-era red and white striped flag, depicting a full length Rattlesnake with the words "Don't Tread On Me" just under the snake, as my protest to the new social and socialized order. His $150 million crowning is the beginning of the end my friends, and an indication of where we will be going. We're in for a rough ride I'm afraid. :bang::jeffd::argh:
I think this is a pretty hysterical perspective to think that this inauguration will lead us like lemmings into the sea. And actually, it's pretty offensive, too.