www.flickr.com
I ventured out for a while today.

4346694789_79b922092e.jpg

Large on black

dragoncjo

Piney
Aug 12, 2005
camden county
Guy you still almost losing power over there?....we are good over on this side of the town.

In haddonfield area we are getting blasted last couple hours......

Anyone know of route 295 is looking?

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Yes, a short while ago it almost went completely out again. I was cooking food and the lights dimmed to the point that I turned off the appliances I was using in the kitchen. The refrigerator almost stopped just as the power returned to normal.

Guy

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Windy and cold here, not much new snow. Power is still on... and I got the generator fixed after a couple hours of tearing apart and reassembling.

The snow photos are beautiful, but honestly I don't want to see any more of them until next winter. :)

Hewey

Piney
Mar 10, 2005
Pinewald, NJ
Scott, I hope your power is back on if not soon. No wood burning stove?

Bob, I was just over on Lacey rd. and saw a pine on the power lines by the corner of Penhook and Lacey rd. You have more snow in Bamber then we have in Pinewald.

Chris

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
I have power. If there is any way I can help let me know. I have a propane heater that uses a bottle. Call me if interested.

Very noble of you Bob. Thank you for offering.
Electrons were flowing again at 10:45 a.m.
Dottie stayed home today as her work is still without power.
It is time for a wood stove. 26 years of procrastination is enough.

MuckSavage

Explorer
Apr 1, 2005
Turnersville
Very noble of you Bob. Thank you for offering.
Electrons were flowing again at 10:45 a.m.
Dottie stayed home today as her work is still without power.

Scott, glsd to hear you got power back.....I was gonna offer you up a room, or the motorhome, or at least some fire wood. Lemme know if I can help.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Let us know how the thrower handles the wet stuff. Does it run OK on skids in the sand? How about twigs?

Here's an update. The Toro worked like a charm for me, but this was much less snow than the last time. We got a lot of our precipitation in the form of rain on Tuesday night and Wednesday morning, so the snow depth averaged between 6 to 8 inches this morning. It was very heavy wet stuff though, with a layer of slush underneath. Down at the end of the driveway there was hard-packed icy snow from the plow. I also extended my cleared area just a bit and was going though snow that was piled up from both storms. That was slower, but it still worked fine.

It zipped through all of this - I used 2nd and 3rd gear most of the time as opposed to 1st gear during the last snow. Took me 3 hours to clear the whole driveway this morning and 4 hours during the previous snow. I suggest that everyone else rush out and buy an expensive snowthrower. That should pretty much guarantee that we won't have any snow for the next few years, just like when I bought mine. :dance:

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ

You can put in a backup genny for basic functions for a lot less than just a woodstove. Had it at our cabin and have it here at home. Several different ways to go depending on need and budget.

jburd641

Explorer
Jan 16, 2008
Port Charlotte, Fl.
Pancoast,

Sorry, I don't know your first name but I wanted to ask; would you mind if I used your snowy trees pic as my wallpaper on my Florida computer? I haven't seen a flake and wish I could. Great pic by the way!

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
This sure came up quick.

"New York City is a tricky forecast. With the storm going over the city, it will mostly likely rain and thunderstorm followed by heavy snow as the storm loops around and pulls away. I can see anywhere from 6-12 inches of snow in the City with 12-20 inches from south Jersey through Philly back to Harrisburg to Elmira to Binghamton down to Trenton and over to Atlantic City."

640x482_02231723_snow22310.jpg

gipsie

Explorer
Sep 14, 2008
atlantic county
this sure came up quick.

"new york city is a tricky forecast. With the storm going over the city, it will mostly likely rain and thunderstorm followed by heavy snow as the storm loops around and pulls away. I can see anywhere from 6-12 inches of snow in the city with 12-20 inches from south jersey through philly back to harrisburg to elmira to binghamton down to trenton and over to atlantic city."

640x482_02231723_snow22310.jpg

noooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
It looks like Yesssssssssss.

I have so many things I want to do and this snow is really giving me withdraw.

Guy

imkms

Explorer
Feb 18, 2008
SJ and SW FL
It looks like Yesssssssssss.

I have so many things I want to do and this snow is really giving me withdraw.

Guy

You, me and probably most other people. I think this storm will insure that we have had snow on the ground for the entire month of February! I sure miss seeing the ground, grass, sand, etc.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I remember as a kid sitting in school looking out the windows all through the month of January and February and seeing snow in the corn fields. That has not happened in a long time until now. I hated it then and I hate it now.

Guy