The Lure of the Land - A photographic journey through the pine barrens, New Jersey’s

Bachman's Ivory

Explorer
Oct 27, 2009
Hazlet, Monmouth County, NJ
Thanks! It's a great site, the portfolio option is a huuuge plus. I didn't want to drop all that cash on smugmug or zenfolio. It was $50 for the "Awesome" membership, plus $10 for the domain name. You can organize your portfolio collections, layout, look, bio, contact page.

PancoastDrifter

Explorer
Dec 7, 2008
www.flickr.com
Thanks! It's a great site, the portfolio option is a huuuge plus. I didn't want to drop all that cash on smugmug or zenfolio. It was $50 for the "Awesome" membership, plus $10 for the domain name. You can organize your portfolio collections, layout, look, bio, contact page.

I just did the free gig for now. I thought it would integrate into my existing domain as a template. I will have to see if that can work or just look for a new gallery software I can use. I am re-working my site with vimeo embeds and the 'simple viewer' software looks outdated and clumsy now. Here is what I chose for 500px, for now... > http://llewellynthefist.500px.com/#/0

Bachman's Ivory

Explorer
Oct 27, 2009
I really love your photography. How did you make this sunset shot? Are you combining multiple images, one exposed for the sea and land and one for the sky?

http://www.chaseschieferphotography.com/#/45
Thanks, Pan!
You're pretty much spot on. They're called HDR images (high dynamic range). You take multiple exposures of a scene (also works with a single RAW file) at different exposure values, light to dark. A computer program runs an algorithm and chooses the "best" pixels within the image. It's taken me 2 years to finally get down the processing to my liking. I learn with every image.

@pancoast, that is looking quite nice! Once you set it up with your domain you can run google analytics with it. Pretty neat option.

Bachman's Ivory

Explorer
Oct 27, 2009
Reactions: Hinchman's Hill

Pan

Explorer
Jul 4, 2011
Arizona
Those sunset photos are incredible, all of them, but, like Guy, the second one is my favorite. It's hypnotic!

Bachman's Ivory

Explorer
Oct 27, 2009
A photographer friend and I Jeeped through Colliers Mills on Sunday. We caught one of the most incredible sunsets and crepuscular ray shows I've ever witnessed. When i got home (waaay up in Hazlet) We were getting hit by a nice storm. I packed up my things and ran out the Union Beach waterfront on the Raritan Bay for some spectacular lightning. Here are some of the results from that incredible day!

Nuclear Summer by Bachman's Ivory, on Flickr

Positive Flash by Bachman's Ivory, on Flickr

Six Shooter by Bachman's Ivory, on Flickr

Welcome to the Garden State by Bachman's Ivory, on Flickr

Summer's Field by Bachman's Ivory, on Flickr

Glorious Radiance by Bachman's Ivory, on Flickr

Tail of the Storm by Bachman's Ivory, on Flickr

To The End of Time by Bachman's Ivory, on Flickr

Quad Bolt by Bachman's Ivory, on Flickr

Thunderous Crepusculars by Bachman's Ivory, on Flickr

...One of the greatest days of my life! :dance: