noboat

Explorer
Feb 1, 2010
Waterford Works
398007_482586581799726_779955141_n.jpg

Jersey Jeff

Explorer
Jun 22, 2012
Quite surprised on this. You really can't find Yuengling outside of the Delaware Valley Area.

Yuengling is available all over North Jersey. Ditto with Western PA. Yuengling is also advertising in bars like crazy...approaching Coors Light saturation.

Hewey

Piney
Mar 10, 2005
Pinewald, NJ
Yuengling is available all over North Jersey. Ditto with Western PA.

I have had Yuengling as far north as Vermont and as far south as Florida in the past couple of years. I do remember though when it was hard to find Yuengling outside of the Delaware Valley. Some years back I once asked for a Yuengling in a bar in Vermont and the answer I recieved was, "sorry, we do not sell any Japanese beer" .

Chris

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I believe I read somewhere that Yuengling is having problems with the town they are located in.

PINEY MIKE

Explorer
Jan 30, 2009
Bamber Lake
I went to school about 10 min from the Yuengling brewery and it was the go to beer in our bars and parties. I had tried their Lager before, but doing keg stands, beer funnels, and playing beer pong with the black and tan or porter took some getting used to. lol
A buddy of mine there went to high school with one of the family girls with last name Yuengling. What a catch of a wife she'd of made. Millions of dollars and free beer!

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
I had a sumptuous, ass kickin' IPA tonight.
Great Divide Titan IPA . "Assertive and Aromatic", so says the label.

At 7.1% alcohol, I was a fan before I opened the bottle!

Spung-Man

Explorer
Jan 5, 2009
Richland, NJ
loki.stockton.edu
Bob,

I just returned from Fairbanks, where I will be working on Pine Barrens soils with the University of Alaska (College of Engineering & Mines; School of Natural Resources & Agricultural Sciences). UAF has great expertise on cold climate dynamics not available in the lower 48 States. We met at HooDoo Brewhouse to break the ice. Three beers on tap, American IPA, German Kölsch, and Stout. I had a pint of stout and it was delicious.

IMG_2188.jpg

S-M

Reactions: dogg57

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Very interesting Mark. I may have been there once...I rember it being on a grade above the rest of the town, and they had preheaters you could keep on your engine blocks. You could see the peaks from the Alaska range in the distance.

Spung-Man

Explorer
Jan 5, 2009
Richland, NJ
loki.stockton.edu
Yep,

Everyone had plugs hanging out their grills. Subaru is a popular brand.

Subaru plug.jpg

HooDoo has well-made craft beer, brewed in the heart of Alaska. Fairbanks is one of the few places I can talk about Pine Barrens nondiastrophic thermokarst involutions over a beer, and don't get punched in the nose!

HooDoo 2.jpg

S-M

Reactions: bobpbx