The Skid House

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
While on vacation last week I received a text from someone I know telling me they had learned of this place from someone they know. Jessica and I have been to this location two times with the last visit maybe 2 years ago. I believe the person who sent this to me figured we may have been there so they sent the photo to me. But when we were there... this was not.

The humble abode.

DSC_4567a.jpg

It has a ladder inside taking you to the second floor where it comes decorated with a large American flag. They are very patriotic unlike some politicians it seems.

Notice the second floor. Everyone wants a skid house with two floors.

DSC_4594a.jpg

DSC_4596a.jpg

Looks like some sweet food or spirited talk occurred here.

DSC_4591a.jpg

The view of the residence from the back yard shows you the side door that was locked and the large spacious windows giving you a view of the forest. It is well insulated and cozy on one side. Just ignore the construction mess please.

DSC_4587a.jpg

Inside has the Morton Salt look. When it rains it pours. The flag and all that it stands for won't protect you at all.

DSC_4575a.jpg

These are NOT cupcakes for the open house.

DSC_4577a.jpg

My favorite amenity is the bathroom. Your cat will love it unless it falls in. Then not so much.

DSC_4581a.jpg

DSC_4582a.jpg

While I was there the neighbor came to visit me and I videoed them. They did not stay long or even talk with me. I was hoping they wold come back but they didn't. Maybe another day!

https://youtu.be/vkk-wWb7DiA

Let me show you the house. I hope you decide to purchase. The state currently owns it but you may be able to stay a few years before being evicted. Think about it, no taxes.

https://youtu.be/PXUu8Var-Nc

Wick

Explorer
Mar 6, 2016
Forked River
There must be motorized access for all of those pallets and stuff to be there! I especially liked the antlers on the table. I guess they are for calling in the big ones during the rut

Reactions: NJCoastal

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
There never use to be
There must be motorized access for all of those pallets and stuff to be there! I especially liked the antlers on the table. I guess they are for calling in the big ones during the rut
There never was years ago, but like a ribbon cutting through the woods, the multiple fire lines turn into roads.

Reactions: NJCoastal

JerseyDevil

Scout
Dec 22, 2003
Jackson, NJ
While on vacation last week I received a text from someone I know telling me they had learned of this place from someone they know. Jessica and I have been to this location two times with the last visit maybe 2 years ago. I believe the person who sent this to me figured we may have been there so they sent the photo to me. But when we were there... this was not.

The humble abode.

View attachment 17686

It has a ladder inside taking you to the second floor where it comes decorated with a large American flag. They are very patriotic unlike some politicians it seems.

Notice the second floor. Everyone wants a skid house with two floors.

View attachment 17687

View attachment 17688

Looks like some sweet food or spirited talk occurred here.

View attachment 17689

The view of the residence from the back yard shows you the side door that was locked and the large spacious windows giving you a view of the forest. It is well insulated and cozy on one side. Just ignore the construction mess please.

View attachment 17690

Inside has the Morton Salt look. When it rains it pours. The flag and all that it stands for won't protect you at all.

View attachment 17691

These are NOT cupcakes for the open house.

View attachment 17692

My favorite amenity is the bathroom. Your cat will love it unless it falls in. Then not so much.

View attachment 17693

View attachment 17694

While I was there the neighbor came to visit me and I videoed them. They did not stay long or even talk with me. I was hoping they wold come back but they didn't. Maybe another day!

https://youtu.be/vkk-wWb7DiA

Let me show you the house. I hope you decide to purchase. The state currently owns it but you may be able to stay a few years before being evicted. Think about it, no taxes.

https://youtu.be/PXUu8Var-Nc
Talk about the violation count... WOW. I'd hate to be caught up in that. Nice documentation and pics. :)

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
We revisited the skid house today and only about 3 skids are still there.

IMG_8160a.jpg

Reactions: Boyd