Weather on the way...

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Sure did. Don't think we'll get much of anything now - still hasn't started snowing here. The storm looks like it is evaporating when it hits the land. But it ain't over yet...

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
It's looking like the NWS did another exemplary job with this 'blizzard'. Maybe 3" overnight, no wind to speak of, still snowing, but to make the forecast numbers, I shouldn't be able to see one foot in front of me. Up north may be different. The snow blower sits mournfully in the garage; waiting, just waiting...

And no more travel ban state wide. (2nd correction)

Experts, we don't need no steeenking experts. Perhaps that global warming forecast might need another looksee :D

Last edited:

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Oh the humanity! Millions without power! Totals as of 6:47 AM Tuesday:

blizzard.PNG

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
To be fair to the weathermen, it is still snowing in Bamber. If I get a lot more than the 3 inches I got last night I'll have to eat my snow in shame.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Those numbers are really pathetic. It's not so much how wrong the weatherman was, it's more how the media hyped it up to such a fever pitch. But, I do see the Mt. Holly weatherman apologized.

I accept, I accept! I hate shoveling anymore.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
It has really rained hard here overnight. If this was snow we would be in trouble.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Flash freeze warning. We were at 50F this morning, down to 36F now.

Flash freeze conditions expected over portions of the region. Sharply colder air will surge back across the region this afternoon and evening. Temperatures will rapidly fall below freezing in areas that are currently above freezing. Wind gusts up to 45 miles an hour can be expected as the cold air moves back in.
•Wet roadways and sidewalks will become icy very quickly this afternoon and evening, resulting in hazardous travel conditions.
•Access to vehicles outside may become difficult, as the moisture on doors and in door locks freezes up.
As the afternoon and evening commute gets underway, please be mindful of icy road conditions.

http://wxug.us/1n4jt