Weird looking clearings near Red Oak Grove

jaguar

Mar 20, 2007
I was purusing the good ole Google Maps aerial images today and noticed some very odd structures near chatsworth/ red oak grove.

Does anyone know what they are?

Or better yet could someone describe and mark them on wikimapia so other curious folks can find them?

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Did you notice that wikimapia calls "Coyle Field".... "Coyle Tower". I wonder if whoever named that was thinking about the cement tower.

Guy

jaguar

Mar 20, 2007
Great, thanks guys, sorry to bug you with what appears to be a common question. I updated wikimapia so others won't come here asking the same thing.

Buck

Scout
Jan 23, 2007
Whiting
I was running on some trails back in Lebanon State Forest and Pasadena WMA this morning and came across a long, somewhat narrow, clearing that must be the same thing. Trees gone, etc. There were also 3 bird house type structures in the middle, spaced apart. Each was on a metal pole about 4 1/2 feet tall, was made of wood with a small opening, and had numbers (11, 72, 26?) on each. Are these just birdhouses or does anyone know what else they could be?

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I was running on some trails back in Lebanon State Forest and Pasadena WMA this morning and came across a long, somewhat narrow, clearing that must be the same thing. Trees gone, etc. There were also 3 bird house type structures in the middle, spaced apart. Each was on a metal pole about 4 1/2 feet tall, was made of wood with a small opening, and had numbers (11, 72, 26?) on each. Are these just birdhouses or does anyone know what else they could be?

Those are "bookie houses" Buck. The North Jersey Mob uses them for betting slip drop offs. Don't hang around that area too much, they get kind of edgy.

Just kidding Buck. They are bluebird houses.