Where is this?

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Around the chemical dump on 72?
No. This particular one is in the Atsion Chew Road area. I am standing in the road and I have driven past that for years and never noticed it until I stopped there this weekend.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Yes it is for testing. I just picked this one because of all the times I went by it and never noticed it.

Reactions: stiltzkin

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
This one? Heres a clue. There are 2 streams that each empty their own water body to go under the hard road (said road only 140 feet from the the water bodies). The streams, as they go under the road separately, are about 1,500 feet apart. They join together about 1,800 feet SE of the road.

View attachment 22408
Nobody got this one? Here is an obtuse clue: It is said she was the last of her breed living in the county.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Yes, please reveal.
It is here, along Woodbine-Oceanview Road. I apologize profusely. It's in Dennis Township.

1715277438090.png

Ignore the business immediately to the SE, that's not connected to it. I dare say it was a resource extraction business many years ago, but in the 20th C.

1715277920686.png

c1nj

Explorer
Nov 19, 2008
OK....that's why I was confused.
Hopefully, you found the old gravel pit on the otherside of the pond. It is was probably made with steam shovels when they built the railroad across the marsh.
It is long, deep and narrow and completely taken back by nature. There is an old truck body back there as well.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
OK....that's why I was confused.
Hopefully, you found the old gravel pit on the otherside of the pond. It is was probably made with steam shovels when they built the railroad across the marsh.
It is long, deep and narrow and completely taken back by nature. There is an old truck body back there as well.
I was wondering what that was (if we are speaking of the same thing). Here's what I think you mean on lidar. When I saw it I told myself they shoveled it looking for more good stuff and the guy was told to keep going until he found some, which he maybe never did.

1715294043546.png

c1nj

Explorer
Nov 19, 2008
Yep. That's it! I never thought the ocean county chapter of the pine barren explorers would find that spot!

Reactions: bobpbx

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Yep. That's it! I never thought the ocean county chapter of the pine barren explorers would find that spot!
Is there dampness at the bottom? Do you see different plants than the higher portion? I'll have to check it out. Though I saw it on lidar I did not go yet.

Ps: Would you have been able to tell me where the diggings and concrete were if I did say Dennis Twp?

c1nj

Explorer
Nov 19, 2008
Very little to no dampness.

I have seen those concrete structures before but it's been a long time.
I always walk in from the trail on the other side.
Can't say for certain if I would of figured it out.

Reactions: bobpbx