Wooden Underground Ruins near Sweetwater

Michael Kirsh

May 20, 2005
Sea Bright, NJ
Two years ago, I went on a trip looking for Indian Cabin Road. Somehow I went off in the wrong direction and stumbed upon a fairly well traveling sand road. To the left was an enormous field with a cluster of house abadoned in the distance with a few closer to the road. Going about a half a mile upon on the right of the road was another sand road that went off into the woods. I followed it approximately for about a mile and stumbled upon the strangest thing.

About fifty feet in were the wooden? foundations of two buildings that looked like mess halls? The buildings were long and narrow and the foundation was made of wood. The entire structure was flooded with water with creatures living in the water. Large cross supporting timbers lay in the water and for the life of me I couldnt imagine what these buildings were used for. They looked to be very old.

Does anyone know the structures that Im talking about?

stizkidz

Piney
May 10, 2003
Tuckerton
Sounds slightly like the abandoned boy scouts camp that lies off Indian Cabin Road. It is actually off Naegli Rd but this sounds similar. I need you to be a bit more specific about what you saw, though. Did you see serveral abandoned buildings or did you ONLY see these foundations?

Michael Kirsh

May 20, 2005
Sea Bright, NJ
The road that I was on was one of the roads that run parallel and eventually reach egg harbor and then route 40. But I was actaullt off a side road of the main sand road. I have'nt been there since but will go with a camera next time. The foundations of the buildings were deep and surrounded with heavy timber. At first glance i thought it was a enormous well of some sort.