Rarities

oji

Piney
Jan 25, 2008
Browns Mills
022.JPG While I wait for my final 1 or 2 orchids to bloom I decided to post some of the rare plants I have photographed. These are not in any order I'm just looking through my old photos. This photo is Ludwigia hirtella.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I was almost thinking that Tom was a spammer because he spoke only latin :D

That Lobelia canbyi is a nice photo Tom!

oji

Piney
Jan 25, 2008
Browns Mills
I was almost thinking that Tom was a spammer because he spoke only latin :D
If I was a spammer my screen name would be oti from Chernobyl. If I was from Chernobyl I wouldn't need a camera with macro( the lobelia are probably 6' there)

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Excellent Tom! I knew the Gentians would be out.

Guy

Gibby

Piney
Apr 4, 2011
Trenton
Oji, are the two Gentian pictures from this season?! I wish had more time to be out trekking around. I might have to hit Parker Preserve or Dover Forge in the morning to see if I can discover a flower or two that is opened. The pink Gentian is beautiful but the blue and white coloration Turtle came upon in a different thread is simply stunning.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Another nice one Tom. I will have to look out for that one.

I was out today checking on the Rattlesnake root where I was two weeks ago, and it has not grown any taller. It is about to bloom though. It is about 3 feet shorter than a few years ago and I would have to say it was the lack of rain. In any event, this was not blooming two weeks ago at the same location. I have no idea what it is. I tried on Mike Bakers site but did not see it.

IMG_0812a.jpg

And not far away was this which also was not there two weeks ago.

IMG_0819a.jpg

Guy