Apanay Cafe Closed?

John E.

Oct 4, 2011
Northwest of Philly
How much business have they done in the past few years? I always drove by there but the last time I ate there it was known as Ong's Hat and as I remember the food was pretty good.

SpineyPiney

Scout
Jan 15, 2013
I ate there a lot when I lived in Pemberton. Food had been hit or miss for the last few years. Last time I was there they served me pineapple juice instead of the oj I asked for. After I politely told the waitress, not to complain but just to let her know, she was very apologetic. But the manager came over and proceeded to berated me about how I didn't know what I'm talking about. Asking me if I thought they didn't know how to read or something and hinting that I was looking for a free meal after i insisted i knew the difference. When the waitress came back you could tell she was really embarrassed by the manager and quietly apologized again. So just before we got up from the table to leave the booth behind us made the same complaint. At that point the manager went and poured herself a glass then waved the waitress over and quietly said something to her. Turns out the factory put an oj label on the pineapple juice can. Never heard another word from the manager, even as she rang us up in silence. Haven't been back since.

Reactions: Boyd

JC@OngsHat

Oct 30, 2013
I live around the corner and noticed the roof was repaired about a month ago but I haven't seen any other progress in reopening. Has anybody else heard anything? Living around the corner (Ong's Hat Road) from Apanay’s Cafe it would be great if they opened up again as this is the closest place for us to get something to eat.