Tick removal

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
A couple of weeks back I was in a Dicks Sporting Goods and saw a contraption specifically for removing ticks. Asked the sales guy about it and he said he uses one for his dog, so I bought the last one they had at the time. It's called a 'Tick Nipper' and reading the directions and info on the web site, it makes sense. Today I had a chance to use it and it works as advertised, very simple and effective. No problem getting thru long dog hair. No crushing of the tick, no parts were left behind to fester, and the removed tick is contained. Around $6-7, cheaper on Amazon. I give it a
thumbsup.gif

http://theticknipper.com/

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Very novel.

Of course, since you suggested it, I won't buy it.

Just kidding 46'r. That suggestion you gave me about the Avon Expedition strength skin-so-soft plus for the pine flies really does work very well. Much better than any of that deet crap. I just bought 2 more cans.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
We have had one for at least 5 years. We use it literally 2-3 times per week on the dogs.
She had to use it on me last week for a tick on my back that I couldn't reach. Most ticks I remove from myself with just my finger nails but the tool definitely works very well.

Reactions: Jersey Jeff

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
That suggestion you gave me about the Avon Expedition strength skin-so-soft plus for the pine flies really does work very well. Much better than any of that deet crap. I just bought 2 more cans.

It is the only thing I have found to work for the salt marsh greenies and the deer flies. The greenies are really bad this year. The SSSX is on sale now for $7 four oz at Avon. The 8 oz is out of stock.