Missing person in Pines

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Lovers Lane. A relative of the missing man said his car was found at the park on River Road at Lovers Lane.

Nice to see you posting again.

That is the maintenance garage not a forest station. In any event, I hope he did not go into the woods there last weekend in all that cold.

turtle

Explorer
Feb 4, 2009
a village...in the pines
The Green Bank Forest Station used to be the house on the corner of River Rd and Lovers Lane (house still there)....Cliff Terry was the Forester of the "Green Bank State Forest" under the Dept. of Conservation and Economic Development. It was an experimental forest station. He was hired to work on reforesting the original Sooy lands that the state purchased after the depression. The timber on these lands had been harvested for the iron and glass industry. There is a nice pavilion at the site and a bulkhead for fishing. If you don't know it's there, you don't know it's there. In the 1990s there used to be steps that led down to the river's edge before the Township installed a bulkhead. It's a small quiet park that backs up to the state maintenance yard property. If you stop by, please be respectful of the neighbors who border the park area.
The township leases the "Terry house", which also served as a library, from the state and uses it regularly for senior citizen gatherings, red cross trainings and other events.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
So that is why the tree farm is there I assume. I have walked though it and visited the church there but did not know about the station.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
He now does not have a vehicle and it was the coldest weekend of the year. That is concerning to me. Unless he is with someone there is a problem. I have explored the woods quite a bit behind Lovers Lane and once you get past the tree farm the briers are unforgiving.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
I have also thought it was kind of odd that there has been no real official updates or additional info on this case. I wonder why? His path seems curious too. From Manayunk, to the Shoprite in Bridgeton, to Green Bank.

Could be the authorities have info that they will not release. The original notification leans that way.