fury.jpg

Reactions: h2ochild

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I am going with the fury

I am going to assume, even in the absence of a VIN analysis, that is correct. But, I want to further add, that this is one car totally devoid of even a smidgen of class. All we need is a guy wearing a shocking pink shirt, cranberry colored pants (bell bottoms, polyester--naturally) and platform shoes, and the deal is sealed.

Reactions: h2ochild

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Bob are you volunteering for a photo shoot?

Ha! I missed the disco craze. Unfortunately, because now I can see I should have jumped into it. It had to be a lot of fun. Seriously.

PS: this video is 1977, and the taillights are in it. 10 points if you can cite the time they are shown.

Last edited:

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
My parents owned a 1965 Fury 3 with a 383 and then purchased a 1972 with the 44o. My mom would drive them like it was Nascar. I can remember my dad as a passenger telling my mom to "Floor it Shirl" when some idiot would try to cut us off or do some sort of odd stunt. My brother and I would be pinned to the back seat until she let up.

Here is my moms first car. A 1939 Plymouth.

Shirleys_1939_Plymouth.jpg

Reactions: h2ochild and bobpbx

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Gibbsboro had the 440 in their police car. Kind of a waste of iron. There were no roads in town long enough to open that bad boy up. It smoked and always sounded like it was ready to foul a plug, which was probably the case.
Back then we only had part time police protection. Lindenwold and Voorhees covered when our officers were off duty. The limited use certainly didn't help clear the carbon.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Gibbsboro had the 440 in their police car. Kind of a waste of iron. There were no roads in town long enough to open that bad boy up. It smoked and always sounded like it was ready to foul a plug, which was probably the case.

I hear you on that aspect Scott. My '70 Challenger was a brute on a straight line, but went into corners like a wooden sled. Plus it spewed hydrocarbons. Loved the look and the feel of the 4 speed and sound of the worked over 383 magnum, but it was not a practical car. Still, it had a better look than the Fury. That's my younger brother in the background, maybe 18 years ago.

Challenger2.PNG

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
My brother had a '70 Challenger, dark green, vinyl top, 440, 4 speed, 4:11 rear in the 70's. He didn't keep it long ;) but he should have. Good condition ones are going for 6 figures. I wrote down a list of the cars I've owned over the years. If only .... :D