Free Canoe!

Pine Baron

Explorer
Feb 23, 2008
Sandy Run
15' Sears birchbark Patriot model fiberglass canoe, made by American Fiber-Lite Inc. Bought in late '70's/early 80's. Capacity is 630 lb max. for persons/gear. Has a small stump-punch hole from the Mullica that needs repairing. Should be easy to fix. No paddles or PFDs.

This canoe is good for lakes and more open water, free of obstructions. Have since acquired an aluminum, and just want this one gone. Will deliver... within reason, or meet half-way. First one to PM me can have it.

John-

kayak karl

Explorer
Sep 18, 2008
Swedesboro, NJ
In the spirit that this canoe was given to me I would like to offer it back up for FREE. First post on thread that can come to Swedesboro to get it. New seat and a paddle goes with it :)

Attachments

• 20160829_173146.jpg
    20160829_173146.jpg
    884.9 KB · Views: 401

subkron

Nov 5, 2008
I'll be the next in line, if Long-a-coming bails I can definitely pick it up in a moments notice (well maybe within an hour or so).

long-a-coming

Explorer
Mar 28, 2005
Berlin Twp
I work tonight until midnight, so earliest I can grab it is after 4:30pm tomorrow. If you need to get rid of it today I understand no hard feelings but if you can wait until tomorrow I would love to have it for labor day weekend. Question, is it seaworthy or in need of repair I'm interested either way.

kayak karl

Explorer
Sep 18, 2008
Swedesboro, NJ
I work tonight until midnight, so earliest I can grab it is after 4:30pm tomorrow. If you need to get rid of it today I understand no hard feelings but if you can wait until tomorrow I would love to have it for labor day weekend. Question, is it seaworthy or in need of repair I'm interested either way.
Sea worth NO, Lake worth YES. PM'd my number. Please call.

piker56

Explorer
Jan 13, 2006
Winslow
I have the same canoe. Bought mine in 1982 at the Deptford mall Sears. I still use it (although not this year,that's another story). Looking to find a lighter one, as I'm often by myself. It weighs in at about 65 pounds. Someone told me Oldtown has a one person that is less than 50 pounds. Pretty pricey, though. Still looking.
Greg

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
I have the same canoe. Bought mine in 1982 at the Deptford mall Sears. I still use it (although not this year,that's another story). Looking to find a lighter one, as I'm often by myself. It weighs in at about 65 pounds. Someone told me Oldtown has a one person that is less than 50 pounds. Pretty pricey, though. Still looking.
Greg

I had a nice solo 10' canoe, perfect for around here, weighed 15 pounds. Sold it since having the dog with me would sink it, but solo it was perfect. I now have a 15' that weighs in at 37 pounds, purrrfect. Anything light will cost you because of the materials used. Buy used, it's how I got the 15 pounder.

http://www.paddling.net/Classifieds/

piker56

Explorer
Jan 13, 2006
Winslow
Thanks 46er. I'll try the link and see what's out there. May have to wait a bit, though. Laid off from my job Friday.
Greg