Luke at Lock's: My New Pines Buddy

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
My wife and I took our grandson Luke for his first woods ride and Pine Barrens exposure today. Luke turned one a month ago and has been walking for about two months. He can really motor along now and I thought it would be a good time to start him in the woods. My daughter-in-law was a little apprehensive but I promised not to bring him back with missing limbs or gaping wounds.

We headed back to the Lock's Bridge area and walked the edge of the ponds and river for a little over an hour. He loved it and so did my wife and I. I look forward to bringing him into the woods as much I can and getting him into hunting and fishing in the Pines. My son recently moved closer to us which will really help with the logistics of all of that.

A few pictures from a beautiful day in the woods.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Great to see pics like this, wish there were more of them.

Nothing has made me feel both young and old at the same time than having a grandson.

The whole time we were there yesterday I had visions of my two boys climbing the banks around the Lock's Bridge ponds, fishing and swimming in the Mullica. It is still hard for me to process that that was nearly thirty years ago. But now, I am blessed to have the chance to live it all again with my grandson.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
The whole time we were there yesterday I had visions of my two boys climbing the banks around the Lock's Bridge ponds, fishing and swimming in the Mullica. It is still hard for me to process that that was nearly thirty years ago.

My best memories of my time spent outdoors are of my Dad, when I was a lot younger and my 2 son's, when I was a lot older ;)

2002, Mt Washburn WY

164365287.jpg

Y-BUC-BILL

Explorer
Mar 9, 2007
Great pictures Grandpop.Congratulations to you and Dottie.I remember taking my three daughters to Square Circle swimming and trout fishing and target shooting.Now I am blessed with sevsn Grand Children.Enjoy every minute with them.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Great pictures Grandpop.Congratulations to you and Dottie.I remember taking my three daughters to Square Circle swimming and trout fishing and target shooting.Now I am blessed with sevsn Grand Children.Enjoy every minute with them.
You are truly blessed Bill. Not many people get to enjoy life the way you do at age 90. I can't even keep up with you !
See you Saturday at the youth pheasant hunt.

NJChileHead

Explorer
Dec 22, 2011
Great to see the little guys (and girls!) out in the woods. My boys are 5 and 8 right now, they're almost always out there with me and I know that I'm going to miss the hell out of it when they grow up. Now you get to do it all over again! Very cool, enjoy Grandpa!