Visiting the property corners of the Oswego Gun Club

johnnyb

Explorer
Feb 22, 2013
Fascinating reading to a long-term township Zomimg Board member. The affected Township office should have their township tax map, current to the day you visit, which along with supporting documentation will list the deed owner/s, the lot and block number, the annual tax, whether its farmland assessed, etc. Don't be surprised to find little pieces which are missed - I spent 20 years trying to get a wee piece onto Springfield Two map that's outside Eastampton but bent my pick - "costs more to survey it than the tax is worth" - so it doesn't show on either township tax map. I also have been told there's bits of Crown land that have never been transferred to private ownership - which is why the West Jersey Proprietors' office still exists in Burlington. That last is heresay; I never personally checked it out.
Surprised to see the easement includes a section that the easement "goes with the land". Our zoning board heard that phrase innumerable times when considering applications as it's NJ state law. Probably "boilerplate" on a Federal form for those places that don't have that law.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I am not arguing that.

We know the government was part of the sale as the news articles mentioned at the time. The question is did the government offer up the money with the stipulation of this easement? I have no idea but have my doubts that the NJCF would out of the goodness of their hearts write up such an involved easement. Uncle Sam had their hands in this in my book.

oji

Piney
Jan 25, 2008
Browns Mills
It looks like NJCF gets some cash and protection for the property and the Government gets additional buffering for the range.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I was able to make it there today in my car. Dry weather makes it easy. Here is Jessica at Calico.

IMG_0739.jpg

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
I was able to make it there today in my car. Dry weather makes it easy. Here is Jessica at Calico.

IMG_0739.jpg
Did you circle around and come into Calico from the east by going far up the Oswego or did that monster hole just west of calico dry up? I waded that thing and it was belly deep.I made to big loop once but I remember even that having a few holes in it.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
The hole is dry but the ruts are too much for my car. I came in a different way.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Nice walk. I wish I had known. I would have told you where to look for a wooden sawmill base along that route that I discovered years ago.