Loss of Roberts Pond

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
The green circled area is the property the people live at. They are new owners after this map was made so the old owner is listed. The arrows point to one of the possible sites, most likely the top one as I mentioned in the post above.

ball.jpg

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
There certainly is a problem with the employees of Bass River Township. As I mentioned before, someone I know went to the clerks office there and they could not tell them who owned a particular piece of property on their tax records. Imagine that! So it is no surprise that they did not even know they were digging on property that is not theirs.

It seems to me that is an easy fix. Just send the bill to Bass River.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
What's all the noise about? Ballinger Creek has been restored to its natural water course. That's a good thing.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, but do you believe all dams should be removed?

Of course not; it would take decades to get rid of the Hoover, Grand Coulee, etc. Then again, a few well placed explosive charges might take less time. Certainly not in the same category of a homemade, earthen obstruction though.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Jessica and I visited the location today and it is not exactly at the location I picked. It is the second location with the arrow on the left.

ball.jpg

IMG_0851.JPG

IMG_0852.JPG

IMG_0853.JPG

IMG_0854.JPG

It is interesting to note that it appears the dirt that was dug to form the bog is piled up nearby along the road parallel to it. At first I though it was an old dump site.

IMG_0855.JPG

Since I have been sticking to roads while I recover we looked for an "old stone" nearby that was easy to walk to.

IMG_0859.JPG

IMG_0860.JPG

Guy

Reactions: John

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area

From the Pinebarrens tribune article:

"Bitzberger also inquired about the Public Works employees salaries. “We are paying one $9 an hour,” Buzby-Cope said. “Two get $15 an hour. There are three of them down there.” Dawson, deeply dissatisfied with the discussion, asked if there was going to be any repercussions for the removal of the berm and drainage of the pond. “This was literally a criminal act,” he said. “This was done completely illegally.”

First of all, those are slave wages for that kind of work. And to suggest somebody making that kind of money be punished or fired for doing what he was thought was the right thing is outrageous. 99% of the time, when an employee does something like this, it's due to a lack of training, poor procedures, and poor management.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
The failing septic systems that started this whole thing need to be addressed.

That is the homeowners responsibility. If he/she feels it is due to some fault of their building permit or CO process they can take legal recourse. There have been some heavy rains since the berm was compromised and no issues have been reported in the local papers, except perhaps the lack of a 'water view' for the homeowners.

From the news article;

"Little Egg Harbor residents who live along the pond have said that scores of fish and wildlife were killed because of the loss of water."

And no one thought to take a picture of the 'scores' of dead fish and wildlife'?

Last edited: