Godzilla sighting in the Pine Barrens!

Pan

Explorer
Jul 4, 2011
Arizona
Godzilla overturned my VW back in the 1970's. I never reported it to the police because I thought they would think I was crazy.

OK seriously I just thought of one thing I never reported to the police. I was driving way back in the Plains and I was surprised to see a guy with his thumb out because I never saw anyone back there. He said his car was bogged down in the sand. I said I'd help him dig it out, but he didn't seem interested. I think I was kind of insistent, so we drove back to where his VW Fastback was bogged in, and it was really in deep. He just wanted to get to the main road, rt. 72 or I forgot where, so he wasn't helping me try to dig it out, so I just drove him where he wanted to go. I returned to the spot a couple of months later and it was still there. Only later did it dawn on me that the guy was ditching it back there on purpose. I remember that guy because he had a very distinctive tattoo. That was long ago, back in the '70's or 80's.

Around 1998 I got my rented car stuck in the sand really deep in a really remote place where I don't thing anyone had been in 100 years. That was another adventure!

But the scariest thing was that godzilla attack!

Attachments

• Godzilla in Pine Barrens.jpg
    Godzilla in Pine Barrens.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 709
T

Toothy Critter

Geez guy...your lucky your alive. I used to worry about ticks? pftt!!

Pan

Explorer
Jul 4, 2011
Arizona
Where did I get that goofy picture? I don't even remember posting that...looks like my old VW tho...and I do remember that guy in the desert. Probably nobody else would have picked him up with a tattoo like that, but wth I don't care. I picked up a Mexican with a rifle way out in the desert, an indian medicine man (he told me) wearing a winter coat in the desert when the temp was 115; and Jeffrey Jackson, an Apache pushing a bicycle with a flat tire, also way out in the desert...and JJ was telling me so many bad indian jokes I was thinking of scalping him!

OK, since u asked, here's one of JJ's jokes: "Watch out! There's a cop! He might get u for DWI!" "Waddya mean," sez I. "I ain't drunk". JJ: "Don't u know what DWI means?" Me; "Driving while intoxicated?" JJ: "No, driving with indian!" The guy's lucky I left my tomahawk home that day. Seriously tho, funny guy, he was telling them one after the other!