Possible Government Shut-down may affect your weekend..

smoke_jumper

Piney
Mar 5, 2012
Atco, NJ
I spent the day on the the Banegat Bay right behind IBSP. On three occasions a SP circled and went up and down the park. At one time I we heard sirens from the beach on the other side. They are spending a lot on resources keeping people out this weekend.

lj762

Explorer
Feb 18, 2017
Bass River State Forest
Speaking of Island Beach State Park, ha ha: They got pictures of the Governor and his family on the beach.
PHOTOS: Christie, family soak up sun on N.J. beach he closed to public. Do those look like drone photos to you too?

Favorite quote: "He [the Governor] did not get any sun. He had a baseball cap on."

Also, the Philadelphia Inquirer found the source of those color posters that showed up at various places: "This facility is CLOSED because of this man", with the Speaker's picture and phone number. The Governor authorized printing of 500 of them.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Just for the record; that stretch of IBSP is always 'closed' to the public, as is the park superintendents property on the bay side.

Rooftree

Explorer
Mar 24, 2017
Haddon Township
Ever since I got out of the military in 1971, I have surf fished often right behind the Governor's Mansion at IBSP, but that has always been after September 15th for the Fall stripers. I was there last in November 2016. And I have stood on the beach away from the surf line. You can access the beach at Coast Guard Station 110 or just '110' as it as called. Today it's called the Maintenance Building. It's the first building on the left when you pass the toll booth. Beach Buggies can not drive on that section from about 1/2 to 3/4's miles south of the mansion, north to entrance of the Park. Only 'walk-ons' are allowed on that stretch of beach.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
I just got back from my dog beach again.I was checking for Governmental Cetaceans on my beach.I found none but instead found a branch eating dog being chased by a Black alligator.

Attachments

• IMG_3249.JPG
    IMG_3249.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 266
Reactions: Jon Holcombe

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Prieto, Sweeney and Horizon chief executive Bob Marino met Monday to hammer out a revised plan for legislation. The new deal calls for a cap on Horizon’s reserve fund and a requirement that any money Horizon collects beyond that be used “for the benefit of its subscribers.” The deal sets up a process for Horizon to submit a plan to the Department of Banking and Insurance any plans for spending above its cap.

It also gives the Senate and Assembly members on Horizon’s board. The board will consist of 17 members, including 11 appointed by Horizon and four appointed by the governor.

It also expands reporting requirements for health services corporations, and requires some information — such as executive compensation — to be posted online.

“Equally important is what this bill does not do,” Senator Joseph F. Vitale, who drafted the new legislation, said in a news release. “It will not raise premiums for Horizon customers. It will not take away anyone’s health insurance. And it will not give any governor the power to take millions of dollars in Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield reserves to pay for state programs.”

No determination would be made about Horizon’s reserves until April 1 of next year — after Christie is out of office.

Read More: Budget deal reached — NJ government (and parks!) will reopen | http://nj1015.com/budget-deal-reached-nj-government-will-reopen/?trackback=tsmclip

All it took was a simple, brief meeting.

Last edited:

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
The Governor authorized printing of 500 of them.

Printing color posters on card stock is not cheap. The state is nearly broke and he's spending taxpayer money to attack someone politically at a time when he can't even run.

"I think my poll numbers show I don’t care about political optics." -- Chris Christie. Yup, they show that you don't care about the people who live in New Jersey, either.

He is literally human garbage.

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Hrm, I just priced it out at Staples.com. A "standard heavyweight 12x18" cardstock poster is $9.99/ea. That times 500 is $4995.

Add whatever croney tax you think Trenton pays to their own printer of choice on top of that.

But even if it was only $160, the idea of a politician (of any political party/ideology) spending taxpayer money to attack another one is reprehensible. If he wants to do it then he should pay for it himself or find someone to donate the money. I want my tax dollars to go to something that contributes to the good of the people in the state, and an attack poster like that does nothing good except making Chris Christie feel tough, like the bully that he is.

lj762

Explorer
Feb 18, 2017
Bass River State Forest
Speaking of signs... I did litter pickup today at one of the just-opened sites and snagged from the ground one of the other signs you might have seen in person or on the news: "Advisory: These facilities are closed until further notice..." Looks like cheap ink-jet printing (the ink is running in spots, so not laser) on regular copier paper. Piece of scotch tape at the top to hold it in place. Comes out of a different budget line-item, I guess.