Pinelands Commission to vote on adoption of road, trail map of Wharton State Forest

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Nothing good will come out of this for sure. Those that want to destroy will destroy and those that don't will find themselves facing fines for enjoying the woods like they have for generations. The annoying thing about this rearing it's ugly head now is that things are actually getting better for the most part.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
On June 11 I was in the area of Quarter Mile so Jessica and I stopped in to see how it was progressing. As many of you know this area was never really blocked off ... rather it was marked with signs warning everyone that motor vehicle use was prohibited. The only factors keeping vehicles out of there was the new found knowledge by many individuals of the damage they were doing, and the threat of steep fines. So it was a pleasant surprise that with the miracle of mother nature and specifically warm weather, the place is doing quite well.

Two views from 2010.

6.jpg

7.jpg

June 11, 2017

1.jpg

2.jpg

Only one tire track which may have been the Park Police.

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Every so slightly different angle but still the same area.

Quarter_Mile_Then_and_Now.jpg

It is obvious that the Pinelands Commission is being pushed by irrational and clueless individuals who won't stop until the last tire track except theirs is eliminated. It is a very ominous juncture that we all must traverse.

Guy

Feb 1, 2016
Camden County, NJ
"It is obvious that the Pinelands Commission is being pushed by irrational and clueless individuals" leaves no room for difference of opinion and discussion on this obviously polarizing issue but I guess we all are allowed to have opinions.

mowergod

Explorer
Apr 9, 2011
Newtonville
I agree with Teegate this is being pushed by people who want to be the only ones to have access to Wharton while the rest of us get screwed because of their B.S. spewing to the uninformed. This will not stop till they get there way there like a friggen 2 year old

Last edited:

Piney4life

Explorer
Oct 8, 2015
Waterford
"It is obvious that the Pinelands Commission is being pushed by irrational and clueless individuals" leaves no room for difference of opinion and discussion on this obviously polarizing issue but I guess we all are allowed to have opinions.
When has there been any discussion between ppa and otnj.neverit has always been ppa opinion and nothing else they block anyone from comments that are different than what they want people to believe.when commissioners say they have not been back in wharton for over 2 years who is feeding them this information that nothing has changed and damage still occurring as if dep has done nothing.sorry but I'm not drinking the jool aid ppa is serving