Waterford Township Cleanup Day 10-14-17 08:00

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
For those who may be interested.
We are probably going to drag my grandson Luke through the woods for awhile to get him all chiggered up. :)
Gotta start him sometime.

Strangely, non-profit groups are eligible to receive $10.00 per participant. :eek:
They lost me on that one.

I hope by "beverage" they mean "beverages" and by beverage they mean beer.
I could be totally wrong on that. :(

WTEC .png

Reactions: Jon Holcombe

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
My wife and grandson participated in the cleanup today along with our Springer, Murph, who just wanted to swim in the bog and retrieve sticks. It was my first time in a very long time participating in this local cleanup. We did the Jeep/4x4 Cleanup, formerly sanctioned by Wharton, for many years with members of this site and we really miss that event.

The Waterford Twp. Environmental Commission did a great job with this one. The Commission staff that we met were over-the-top friendly and helpful and we came back to the gun club at the end and watched my 2 year-old grandson inhale pizza like it was oxygen.

I hope that my grandson learned a little about forest stewardship today but at 2 I am sure he was only wondering why people throw their trash in the woods instead of a trash can.

IMG_2255.JPG
IMG_2260.JPG
IMG_2268.JPG
IMG_2274.JPG

Last edited:

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Good one Scott, you beer snob! :p

By the way, I was out your way on Wednesday, and was looking at things on the SE side of the Clark Branch and South of Chew Road. I saw this below on that road paralleling the Branch. Anybody drag it in?

upload_2017-10-14_22-14-34.png

Reactions: manumuskin

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Good one Scott, you beer snob! :p

By the way, I was out your way on Wednesday, and was looking at things on the SE side of the Clark Branch and South of Chew Road. I saw this below on that road paralleling the Branch. Anybody drag it in?

View attachment 9782
I don't think anyone was in that area Bob. Shoot me a location by email and I'll try to grab it today. I know the road from your description but a pinpoint would help.

Last edited:

turtle

Explorer
Feb 4, 2009
a village...in the pines
"We did the Jeep/4x4 Cleanup, formerly sanctioned by Wharton, for many years with members of this site and we really miss that event."

Scott, there will be a Pine Barrens clean-up next sunday....10/29....dumpsters in 3 locations, from Wharton to BTB. Pick a place in the pines, SPS or WMA, pick up trash, deposit in dumpster.....begins and ends at the Pic. I'll get some info up here tomorrow.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
"We did the Jeep/4x4 Cleanup, formerly sanctioned by Wharton, for many years with members of this site and we really miss that event."

Scott, there will be a Pine Barrens clean-up next sunday....10/29....dumpsters in 3 locations, from Wharton to BTB. Pick a place in the pines, SPS or WMA, pick up trash, deposit in dumpster.....begins and ends at the Pic. I'll get some info up here tomorrow.

Whooooo Hoooooo !! :dance:

Pinesbucks

Explorer
Apr 15, 2013
I found a giant pile of shingles earlier in the summer. Unfortunately I cannot get down there to get them up during this event. :bang:0

turtle

Explorer
Feb 4, 2009
a village...in the pines
Whooooo Hoooooo !! :dance:

OK Scott,
Here is the info. Please note that anyone is welcome to attend. It's a pine barrens clean-up, so there are many areas that may need attention, WMAs included. Just remember, when the dumpsters are full you're done working. Then enjoy the hospitality of the folks at Pic and the social time with clean up crew. :)
Looking forward to seeing you.
Terry

(I see it got posted while I was typing and downloading. Thanks enormiss!)

Pinesbucks

Explorer
Apr 15, 2013
Thank you Terry. I will send you the location via pm when I get to my computer and am not on my phone.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
The PPA should study that photo for a while. Maybe, just maybe, they will realize they are "barking" up the wrong tree.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
OK Scott,
Here is the info. Please note that anyone is welcome to attend. It's a pine barrens clean-up, so there are many areas that may need attention, WMAs included. Just remember, when the dumpsters are full you're done working. Then enjoy the hospitality of the folks at Pic and the social time with clean up crew. :)
Looking forward to seeing you.
Terry

(I see it got posted while I was typing and downloading. Thanks enormiss!)

Thanks Turtle and enormiss!
As luck would have it, we are watching my grandson that day and he will be along to help out on this one too. He may be a slightly late arrival though and my wife will bring him along to meet up with me.

Pinesbucks

Explorer
Apr 15, 2013
Lj762. Did the detective find anything that lead to prosecution of that one dump site? I have seen all sorts of trash in the woods but nothing like that. I can't believe someone could do that.

lj762

Explorer
Feb 18, 2017
Bass River State Forest
Lj762. Did the detective find anything that lead to prosecution of that one dump site? I have seen all sorts of trash in the woods but nothing like that. I can't believe someone could do that.
I only found the link... I don't know anything about it. But the web page said there were "tax papers, bank statements, small appliances – an elderly couple’s entire life." If so, identifying whose property it was would be easy, but that doesn't show who dumped it. I'm guessing cases like this are from someone cleaning up after death or serious misfortune. (Which certainly doesn't excuse them.)