Paving Savoy Blvd (Pasadena Road)

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Saw this today at 72 on the way to Woodmansie. Not sure how far they are paving.

IMG_2225a.jpg

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
There will be waves in that hill in no time from the sand trucks :D but it does look like they are putting down 2 layers; dropping off the edge of the asphalt will be like dropping into the Grand Canyon ;) I'll be out that way tomorrow and will test it.

T

Toothy Critter

Crossing Rt72 at that intersection always scares me, I always look both ways more than once. IDK ...probably just me. Its that bridge. Saw some nasty accidents there

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I was there on the bridge today. Almost pulled out in front of a car on 72.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
PS: coming east from Chatsworth, I always creep across to take one final look to see if I may have missed any westbound traffic behind the concrete support.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I parked right along the inside of the fence along 72 and when leaving I backed up the sandy road slightly. When pulling out I almost pulled out in front of a car passing under the bridge. Jessica yelled to me to stop or I would have been at fault.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Hopefully they realized it needs to be wider at the east side of 72 outlet. If a vehicle is at the stop sign, and a sand truck is turning onto Pasadena, it's tight and dangerous.

Diablo2424

Scout
Sep 1, 2016
Shore
www.instagram.com
Hopefully they're fixing that intersection, I agree, it's definitely tough to see around the concrete supports. Earlier this year I was driving there pretty late and there was a really bad accident, I just hoped everyone involved was alright, the cars were bad though. The pavement isn't terrible, but it's NJ, so all of our roads could always use a good fixing lol

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Was out there today and noticed they also paved the S turn at Pasadena and Clay mine road

That was done when they paved all of Pasadena from 539 to the rr crossing/county line. It appears county related as, except for the 72 intersection, Savoy was not touched.