Secret room discovered under house turns out to be part of American history

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
I was in lake Placid back in the late 90"s.Later that year I read a book about Brown given to me by a friend and then realized I was right next to his house but too late.I was back in NJ.If I ever get up there again I will see it.I have been all over Harpers Ferry. A man with a good cause and a bad plan.KInd of reminds me of General Lee who arrested Him only he had a bad cause and a good plan.

Gerania

Explorer
May 18, 2004
Marlton
Not Barrens related but interesting nonetheless

That was very interesting. Thank you.

17. "...By 1850 the Underground Railroad ran all the way from the deep South to Canada. That was largely thanks to the ex-slave who was known as the “Father of the Underground Railroad.” His name was William Still, and his base of operations was just six miles from the Poulos home."

I wonder if he was related in any way to James Still.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
I was in lake Placid back in the late 90"s.Later that year I read a book about Brown given to me by a friend and then realized I was right next to his house but too late.I was back in NJ.If I ever get up there again I will see it.I have been all over Harpers Ferry. A man with a good cause and a bad plan.KInd of reminds me of General Lee who arrested Him only he had a bad cause and a good plan.

When our kids were in school we tried to take them to places that were in their studies, helped to make it a bit more interesting and we go to see some great places.

Fort Ticonderoga renactor. He came walking past our car, scared the hair off me.

133703830.jpg

Surrender

133703834.jpg

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Thats definitely a post contact Algonquin get up.I see He's traded in his buckskins. Funny how now Buckskins are worth far more then any civilized get up.Cost you a couple grand for a brain tanned bucksin outfit

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Thats definitely a post contact Algonquin get up.I see He's traded in his buckskins. Funny how now Buckskins are worth far more then any civilized get up.Cost you a couple grand for a brain tanned bucksin outfit

Perhaps his was garbed in the PETA tribe of Algonquins? ;)

turtle

Explorer
Feb 4, 2009
a village...in the pines
That was very interesting. Thank you.

17. "...By 1850 the Underground Railroad ran all the way from the deep South to Canada. That was largely thanks to the ex-slave who was known as the “Father of the Underground Railroad.” His name was William Still, and his base of operations was just six miles from the Poulos home."

I wonder if he was related in any way to James Still.

Brothers!