OFF-ROAD DRIVERS STILL BATTLING CONSERVATIONISTS OVER ACCESS TO PINELANDS

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Various individuals have told me about this new article. The PPA is contacting newspapers who printed articles during the MAP fiasco and has asked them to do updates.

In any event, make sure you see the article and the comments by clicking on either the comment button or article button.

Reactions: Jon Holcombe

Jon Holcombe

Explorer
Dec 1, 2015
Medford
SuperChooch quote: “And if they do implement a M.A.P. and close a bunch of roads, who the heck is going to enforce it?” he said.

mowergod

Explorer
Apr 9, 2011
Newtonville
More enforcement is the answer not closing it off put park police in capable vehicles not yukons with street tires! The park police are trying but with limited man power and very limited equipment it's a moot point. The state needs to stop waisting money on stupid B.S. and give the park police more equipment and man power PEROID! But with ole gov numbnuts that's not going to happen and that sucks for all but the PPA and there cronies

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
SuperChooch quote: “And if they do implement a M.A.P. and close a bunch of roads, who the heck is going to enforce it?” he said.

As the article mentioned, the state land itself is just so massive now .... this state can't afford to police it properly. Only the law abiding citizen will suffer from road closures. You know that everyone from the PPA and NJCF will continue to go everywhere in their vehicle with the excuse they need to check to see if all is well. You try that and see what happens.

With that said, the abuse will eventually cause problems for all of us.

mowergod

Explorer
Apr 9, 2011
Newtonville
Where's the fees for camping and entrance to batsto and atsion and the livery permits and such go? Probably to the general fund which is completely B.S. it should stay at the park level and be used to maintain the park and for enforcement not to what ever whim the clowns in Trenton want to piss it away on

Reactions: Broke Jeep Joe

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
I see old blowhard al is running his stupid trap again one has to wonder if he's somehow on the PPA pay roll.

He is a trustee.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
As the article mentioned, the state land itself is just so massive now .... this state can't afford to police it properly.

Quite a few moons ago there was a volunteer program in the DEP that provided manpower to assist either the rangers or police, I forget which. Don't recall why it ended.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
If you come upon someone driving off the road in a swamp you can assist them by calling them. There is no real good reason for anyone to tear up a road or swamp intentionally.

Jon Holcombe

Explorer
Dec 1, 2015
Medford
If you come upon someone driving off the road in a swamp you can assist them by calling them.

Jason Howell reported a large mud truck tried to run him off the road, making contact with his bumper, at a restoration area near or at Whitesbog. No license, so he had no way to report it. I believe him. I think there is a nasty element out there, a small percentage of people, that simply don't care what they do, or who they do it too. I have the Park Police # in my phone and I would report anything I see that looks wrong.

mowergod

Explorer
Apr 9, 2011
Newtonville
Jason Howell reported a large mud truck tried to run him off the road, making contact with his bumper, at a restoration area near or at Whitesbog. No license, so he had no way to report it. I believe him. I think there is a nasty element out there, a small percentage of people, that simply don't care what they do, or who they do it too. I have the Park Police # in my phone and I would report anything I see that looks wrong.
Y

Yes there a fool in every crowd (or many fools) but I would not believe a word that man said due to his stance in less I seen it with my own eyes

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Jason Howell reported a large mud truck tried to run him off the road, making contact with his bumper, at a restoration area near or at Whitesbog. No license, so he had no way to report it.

I don't believe that. A description of the vehicle, its occupants, a picture of the damage to his bumper and if he was quick enough, one of the truck, would help in reporting. But it sure does make for a good 'war' story to stir up the Kool-Aid crowd.

Jon Holcombe

Explorer
Dec 1, 2015
Medford
I don't believe that. A description of the vehicle, its occupants, a picture of the damage to his bumper and if he was quick enough, one of the truck, would help in reporting. But it sure does make for a good 'war' story to stir up the Kool-Aid crowd.

So according to you "the call is just a waste of time" but Jason should have called the Park Police?

Try to keep your talking points straight from post to post.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I'll be straddling the fence on this one. There are mudders who are sheepish when caught, and realize what they did was wrong, and then there are those who feel entitled. They are naturally belligerent and quick to anger. Just a guess based upon what I know and see, but I'm guessing the latter is 10% or less.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
So according to you "the call is just a waste of time" but Jason should have called the Park Police?

Try to keep your talking points straight from post to post.

Absolutely a waste of time calling to report the annointed few. Try to follow the context of the post and also try to keep an objective view of what someone pushing an agenda is telling you.

Have a great day.

Jon Holcombe

Explorer
Dec 1, 2015
Medford
Absolutely a waste of time calling to report the annointed few. Try to follow the context of the post and also try to keep an objective view of what someone pushing an agenda is telling you.

Follow your own advice. Guy was suggesting that people that actually drive into the pine barrens should report people driving into a swamp. Maybe your hat is too tight, you aren't thinking clearly 46er.