Where is this?

1Jerseydevil

Explorer
Feb 14, 2009
Guy, I think I have it figured, The jersey barriers are on Winzingers gravel pit and that concrete structure behind Clayton's pit off Savoy rd.? You have an answer to your Nov. 4th post combined with Winzingers pit?

Somehow I missed the concrete structure when I was exploring the area. Do you have an idea of what it was?

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I am confused. I don't know where the concrete structure is. I just know it is not Brooksbre. Yes, the barriers are at Winzingers property.

1Jerseydevil

Explorer
Feb 14, 2009
I am confused. I don't know where the concrete structure is. I just know it is not Brooksbre. Yes, the barriers are at Winzingers property.
UGH, my mistake, I thought you posted the picture of the concrete structure. I now see it was Bob. I got confused from 2 separate questions and then your posting of the location behind Clayton's pit.

[You are also correct. Good one Gibby.

It is just past Chorgadougel :bang::bang::bang::bang:

NJPineBarrens Maps ]

Last edited:

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
So, is it somewhere in Belco?

https://online.boydsmaps.com/#15/39.4118/-74.7368/pinesHD

I almost said that originally, but didn't think you had ever been there. If so, I should have recognized it since it's practically in my own backyard. :) But I have never seen any spray-painted grafitti in Belco, so that made me think it was somewhere else also.

Close enough Boyd!

1578970513822.png

Reactions: Boyd

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Close enough Boyd!

Cool - I think that is the old sewage plant from the village.

sewage-plant.png

We discussed this before:

Still haven't been there, and seeing all that graffitti does not make me anxious to go! ;) The ruins inside the park boundaries are (mostly) in pristine shape.

Last edited:

Wick

Explorer
Mar 6, 2016
Forked River
Yes. Was back there today with poster German. They are painting the big trees, little trees, plants, and probably each other in the future. They toss the cans over their shoulder when empty.
It is so bad there, my son found this back in February of 2018. Nothing is safe!

Attachments

• IMG_1012.JPG
    IMG_1012.JPG
    110.7 KB · Views: 337
  • Wow
Reactions: Boyd

Rooftree

Explorer
Mar 24, 2017
Haddon Township
Back on July 21, 2019 on Post 1629, Bob showed the location of 'The High Bridge' on a 1930 map for anyone to guess its location. With much luck I found it quite quickly. At the time, I didn't post the find so to give someone else the opportunity. It doesn't appear that happened.

It is located just northwest of Lakehurst Naval Station along Ocean County RT 571 and the Ridgeway Branch.

Reactions: bobpbx

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Back on July 21, 2019 on Post 1629, Bob showed the location of 'The High Bridge' on a 1930 map for anyone to guess its location. With much luck I found it quite quickly. At the time, I didn't post the find so to give someone else the opportunity. It doesn't appear that happened.

It is located just northwest of Lakehurst Naval Station along Ocean County RT 571 and the Ridgeway Branch.

This is a little closer.