ATV riders taunted cops who busted huge, rowdy Pinelands party. That didn’t end well for them.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I find it interesting how someone can think that they don't need to have a legal vehicle to ride in the woods. When one of them gets in an accident as I almost was with my car and an ATV, guess who is going to have to pay for that! Anyone caught out there with an ATV or unregistered or uninsured vehicle deserves everything they get.

We need to see more of this occurring.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Anyone caught out there with an ATV or unregistered or uninsured vehicle deserves everything they get.

Other than private property, there is only one place in NJ where the use of unregistered/uninsured quads or bikes is allowed and it is a private site in Millville that requires a $55 daily fee.

• Angry
Reactions: manumuskin

Broke Jeep Joe

Explorer
Mar 8, 2006
Waterford Twp
Other than private property, there is only one place in NJ where the use of unregistered/uninsured quads or bikes is allowed and it is a private site in Millville that requires a $55 daily fee.
They roosted and taunted the police, don't think they much care about what is legal where, I agree with Guy.

1Jerseydevil

Explorer
Feb 14, 2009
I sure hope the VIN's of the impounded vehicles are checked & they can be returned to their rightful owners.
(I'm still awaiting the return of my KX500, stolen in '91....nah, I'm not still bitter)
I'm sure not everyone was but it was stated most were from Philly and Camden. They are most likely the city street pack street riders taunting police. Why wouldn't they taunt police if in the woods? I'm sure some of not most are stolen so no loss to them. Others are drug selling/escape vehicles actually bought legally. A loss is just the cost of "doing business". Yes, the police should check vin #'s. The problem may be just how many previous owners actually record them?

Reactions: RednekF350

WaretownMike

Explorer
Jul 16, 2013
Waretown
ALL motorcycles are illegal in the woods. As the owner of legal motorcycles who rides them in the woods, I register, plate, and insure my motorcycles yet still have no legal public place to ride them other than public roads.

I find it interesting how someone can think that they don't need to have a legal vehicle to ride in the woods. When one of them gets in an accident as I almost was with my car and an ATV, guess who is going to have to pay for that! Anyone caught out there with an ATV or unregistered or uninsured vehicle deserves everything they get.

We need to see more of this occurring.

lj762

Explorer
Feb 18, 2017
Bass River State Forest
On State Park Service controlled lands, I think the actual rule is that licensed/registered motor vehicles can drive on any 'established public road'. Unless there are signs saying otherwise. I don't see where that is defined, but to me, 'established' means it was made for that purpose (which would exclude fire cut plow lines and hiking trails). I don't think named or unnamed matters.

Reactions: bobpbx

WaretownMike

Explorer
Jul 16, 2013
Waretown
On State Park Service controlled lands, I think the actual rule is that licensed/registered motor vehicles can drive on any 'established public road'. Unless there are signs saying otherwise. I don't see where that is defined, but to me, 'established' means it was made for that purpose (which would exclude fire cut plow lines and hiking trails). I don't think named or unnamed matters.
Established public Roads do not include trails or fire cuts. I’m part of an enduro club and the entire organization has been working to get any state, county, or township land to ride on. There is not a single yard or allowed trail to legally ride on, other than a one-day enduro event.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Established public Roads do not include trails or fire cuts. I’m part of an enduro club and the entire organization has been working to get any state, county, or township land to ride on. There is not a single yard or allowed trail to legally ride on, other than a one-day enduro event.

What is your definition of "trail" Mike? It might help me to understand better.