Isolation 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Speaking of health care workers, I really have a lot of empathy for them right now. They are doing heroic work, and many are dying for it. I think I heard 50 doctors from Italy died so far. Talk about sacrifice.

Reactions: Boyd

c1nj

Explorer
Nov 19, 2008
I went to Ocean City yesterday to visit my grandmother. She stayed on her balcony. There are PA license plates everywhere.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
how to isolate yourself
When I run into you again Noboat we'll have to maintain proper distance. Shouldn't be a problem down here.
This was taken last Sunday in Parkdale where I ran into you last year. We were hiding from the Virus.
parkdale.jpg

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Hey - here's a great way to pass some time

You could start with Henry Charlton Beck. If you haven't already read these, you really should

Or John McPhee's classic

Another good one

Or how about this?

I'm sure there are more, but these are some favorite titles from my own library. I checked, but unfortunately they don't have Harshberger. :(

Happy reading... your book reports are due on Monday. :clint:

Last edited:

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
There are PA license plates everywhere.

Are you surprised that people from Pennsylvania own property in Ocean City? ;)

I don't know, this is a tricky subject. If you own a home in another state, should you not be allowed to go to it? Have not checked recently, but doesn't NJ actually have more cases than PA? And state boundaries seem rather artificial when it comes to how germs spread. So, for example, if you live in Cherry Hill or Haddonfield and the rate of infection is higher there than Chatsworth, should you be prohibited from visiting the Pines?

If you are sick, seems pretty clear that you should stay home. Or if you are coming from a place with a high rate of infection, you should self-quarantine. But I don't know about blanket travel restrictions based on where you live. I guess it would be simpler if this were China, where the government can easily restrict travel, track you wherever you go and arrest you if you break the rules. But is that what we really want here? I suppose it's possible that this will have to be considered if things get too bad.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Hey - here's a great way to pass some time

You could start with Henry Charlton Beck. If you haven't already read these, you really should

Or John McPhee's classic

Another good one

Or how about this?

I'm sure there are more, but these are some favorite titles from my own library. I checked, but unfortunately they don't have Harshberger. :(

Happy reading... your book reports are due on Monday. :clint:

If you choose Jersey Genesis make sure you start with the Aserdaten Chapter. That to me is Beck at his best in regards to his books. However, his old newspaper articles put the books to shame. So much more interesting.

Reactions: Boyd

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
I don't know, this is a tricky subject. If you own a home in another state, should you not be allowed to go to it?
Of course they should, and I have seen no reports that anyone is not being allowed to do that. The posted NH link is about finding out of state residents and having them comply with the 14 day quarantine order issued in that state, not arrest them, although if they do not comply that is a possibility. Seems reasonable to me. The stuff going on in other states is a bit more troublesome.

c1nj

Explorer
Nov 19, 2008
I also have a property in another state.
The problem is people don't bring their local ICU beds with them when they travel. On another note, I think I just heard thunder.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Just thinking out loud, I really have not formed an opinion. Aren't license plates a rather arbitrary way of doing this? What if you live in NH but go to NY to work or visit family? Why shouldn't you also be stopped when you return to NH?

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I suspect in the coming days we may see more stringent stay at home orders.

Status
Not open for further replies.