Sandy Lane Enduro Nov. 29, 2020

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
One of Y-Buc Bill's favorite events. Hosted by Meteor MC. Bill was one of their original members.
Bill wearing his Meteor Sandy Lane Enduro sweater in the early 1950's hanging with Dave Amato !
IMG_2629 (Medium).jpg
March92007bill (Medium).jpg

Last edited:

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I would think he is leaning on is a tree? What is that at the top?
It looks like a motorcycle wheel next to it. And I believe that is a sidewalk which I don't remember seeing while there years ago. I wonder if it is still underground?

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
I would think he is leaning on is a tree? What is that at the top?
It looks like a motorcycle wheel next to it. And I believe that is a sidewalk which I don't remember seeing while there years ago. I wonder if it is still underground?
He is leaning on a tree and that’s the front wheel of his motorcycle. At the top is a trolley for a rolling door. I don’t think that’s a sidewalk, just bare dirt.
It’s hard to believe the building is still standing.

Reactions: MuckSavage

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Was that a Meteor MC "clubhouse" of sorts? I know they were founded in Glendora. The club's site has cool history.
No, Muck. The guy on the left was a local Piney, Dave Amato, who Bill would visit whenever they rode through the woods in that area.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Sorry to hear that. But it is the sign of the times.

MuckSavage

Explorer
Apr 1, 2005
Turnersville
Sad....
Last month a Hare Scramble race went off at Ormond Farms in Millville. (A Meteor M.C event) Everyone appeared to be acting responsibly.
Be safe everybody.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I went past the testing site on Route 70 in Cherry Hill yesterday in the early AM and it was packed more than it has been since the site started.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Here is an article that mentions y-buc-bill (Bill Schemel) shown in the photos above.

May 7, 1951

Metzler, Flint Net Cycle Wins

Toms River_Fred Metzler of Haddonfield, and Jasper Flint of Neptune won their respective class races in the 60-mile Battle of Monmouth Cannon Motorcycle run which finished here yesterday.

Metzler was the victor in the solo class, while Flint carried home ttop honors in the 125 class race. There were no races in the other classes.
'
The two events got under way at !0:45 a.m. at the Monmouth County airport and the first finisher crossed the line here at 2:30 p.m.

Metzler, driving the heavier of the two type machines led the field home. He was followed by BILL SCHEMEL (y-buc-bill) of Mount Ephraim and Adrian Lake of Asbury Park who won second and third place awards, respectively.

In the 125 class Vernon DeGrange was the second place finisher, while Mrs. Maude Legg of Point Pleasant was third.

You go... Mrs. Maude Legg!!