Cranberry Farming Has a History in NJ (Thanksgiving Recipe Included)

c1nj

Explorer
Nov 19, 2008
download.jpeg

Risk?

• Haha
Reactions: Teegate and Boyd

amf

Explorer
May 20, 2006
Swedesboro
I formerly resided in Greenwich (the real Greenwich, down in Cumberland County) and the local rumour was that the first cranberry bog in New Jersey was located there, near the headwaters of Pine Mount Creek. This was in the 1700's. I never saw the site myself, but did see where a bog had been attempted in Salem County, near Jericho.

turtle

Explorer
Feb 4, 2009
a village...in the pines
Going to cook an 18 lb turkey (it was free!) with all the good things that go with it. Mashed and sweet potatoes were done last night, stuffing today, dessert tonight. Some veggies to make me feel responsible tomorrow. I made homemade cranberry sauce on Saturday. Bob, you can drive-by tomorrow afternoon and I will leave a HUGE plate of food in a box on the porch for you :dance: Really, you should have some home-cooked goodness. I am also staying home for the same reasons.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Going to cook an 18 lb turkey (it was free!) with all the good things that go with it. Mashed and sweet potatoes were done last night, stuffing today, dessert tonight. Some veggies to make me feel responsible tomorrow. I made homemade cranberry sauce on Saturday. Bob, you can drive-by tomorrow afternoon and I will leave a HUGE plate of food in a box on the porch for you :dance: Really, you should have some home-cooked goodness. I am also staying home for the same reasons.

I thank you very much Terry. That sounds good. Does not have to be huge. I may take you up on that.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area

Thank you so much Terry. It was delicious, and quite a menu with many leftovers!