CNBC: New Jersey is the "best state to live in"

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
"1. New Jersey. Total score: 63.01
Although New Jersey is not among the most affordable states (it ranked 49), it got top marks in safety (ranked No. 1), quality of life (7) and education and health (5)."

wks

Scout
Feb 12, 2021
Queens New York
Also high marks in nice scenery in parks and pine barrens.

IMG_20210620_174429.jpg

I am at Highlands New Jersey. Gateway to Sandy Hook.

wks

Scout
Feb 12, 2021
Queens New York
Partial hike in Hartshorne. I was behind schedule.
Some photos of the trail in the new Sandy Hook thread.

Lighthouse and other attractions another day.
This was a scout mission.

Reactions: Wick

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
According to this article, it's because the number of immigrants from other countries is much lower this year, births are also down and more people are dying as the population gets older. Whatever... we have too many people in NJ already. I've lived in Missouri, Virginia, New York, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Maine, California and spent time in several other states. Quite happy right here, I'm not going anywhere. :)

"Net domestic out-migration, while an ongoing concern, has not gotten any worse in the last year, so we must look to the other components of population change to explain the overall loss."

"The big story from this year’s state population estimates is the dramatic decline in net international migration nationwide."

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
What part don't you understand? IIRC, there was some kind of change in her employer's operations and she needed to relocate in order to keep her job.