Map Creation

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Cool - thanks Bob. I think that project would require an on-the-ground knowledge of the property however. One of these days I would like to take on some mapping projects, but I have too much work remaining on my site for now. That looks like the kind of job for some local person with a GPS and some time on their hands.

Last edited:
Reactions: manumuskin

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
I hiked the Black Run Preserve a couple of years ago. Full of trash, shingles, furniture and mattresses. ATV tracks and ruts everywhere.

• Wow
Reactions: Boyd

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Cool - thanks Bob. I think that project would require an on-the-ground knowledge of the property however. One of these days I would like to take on some mapping projects, but I have too much work remaining on my site for now. That looks like the kind of job for some local person with a GPS and some time on their hands.
I have the gps but not a whole lot of time. Is That all they want is someone to walk the trails and then put them on a topo or an Aerial and turn them into PDF"s.heck i can do that. If it was closer I"d go for it

Reactions: Boyd

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
If you read it closely they will have people walk the trails for the person doing this. I don't think it requires the person doing this to actually go there.

I could help them somewhat and would if I knew exactly what they were looking for. They should show a sample. I wonder if they have a KMZ , KML, or GPX file of their property. I have the deeds and have some of them already in those file format.

Wick

Explorer
Mar 6, 2016
Forked River
I hiked the Black Run Preserve a couple of years ago. Full of trash, shingles, furniture and mattresses. ATV tracks and ruts everywhere.
I was there in the spring too and did the outside loop. I did not see any ATV tracks. The only garbage was an old abandoned car down in a ditch on one trail.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
I have GPX files for these trails.
Black Run.jpg

Reactions: manumuskin and Boyd

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I drove there today and looked around. Really changed since I frequented the wood there in the summer of 1971. There are a few stones for us to look for even on other properties around there. I wish I knew then what I know now.

Reactions: manumuskin